Has anyone used Herbalife or Medifast to help lose??

Options
Ive got people trying to talk me into both herbalife and medifast and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with either of these?

Replies

• MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have used both, and they both worked to lose weight, but I gained it all back. I have been on just about every weight loss plan there is, and lost hundreds of pounds in my lifetime and always eventually gained it all back. I am thoroughly convinced that the only way to lose it and keep it off is to change your lifestyle. Learn to eat healthy foods in healthy portions and form lasting habits. Just change the way you eat, stay the course and don't look back! Also be as active as you can be.
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Herbalife, gained it all back.
  • Rachael235
    Rachael235 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My fitness instructor is a herbalife distributor and i get the protein bars from her but dont do the program, i know a few who do and have and lost significantly but like above i think its impossible to stay on long term so we may as well change lifestyles properly eat heathily fresh and exercise frequently x
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I like the Herbalife shakes. They are tasty. They are just reduced calorie diets. You can do that on your own without forking out big bucks. I've lost 35 pounds by tracking my food and exercising. No pills, no special diets just common sense eating and moving my big butt.
  • yychen01
    yychen01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    herbalife. I lost a few pounds the first three weeks and then stopped losing weight. I still drink their shakes and eat their chocolate bars (for past 2 months) because I like the taste. My hair has a natural shine to it, and my nails are growing strong and fast. Overall, I feel clean and healthy due to their products. As for weight loss...I've started to run again and I see that being my main method of losing weight. Good luck :D
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I did Medifast for one month. Lost 35 lbs and it was awesome. Then I couldn't do it anymore. I could not face one more day of chugging down that many shakes. I still do one shake (at least) per day but it wasn't the 5. That was just too much and with them all being sweet I just couldn't do it anymore. Then I put the weight back on plus an extra 50 lbs or so before I decided that it is best to just learn to eat right (portion control).
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We host Herbalife conferences at my work and those people are bonkers
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Ive got people trying to talk me into both herbalife and medifast and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with either of these?
    I just bet you do....:laugh:
    Diet pills are just caffeine pills, so know that going in.
    Some contain acai berry, algae, gava root and a host of other exotic sounding ingredients, but the one thing they all have in common is lots and lots of caffeine.
    What a coincidence!:laugh:
    Here's the real deal. There are no shortcuts. There is no magic pill. If you take caffeine, you'll see some results until your body down regulates the effects, and then you must increase the dosage. And on and on...
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    And feel free to try it for yourself. Maybe your experience will be different.
    Good Luck :drinker:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just argued with a herbalife 'wellness coach' today over that tea that you 'burn 80 calories just drinking.' Don't buy into their hype.

Eat right, exercise.... you'll get there without shortcuts. And you'll be proud when you get there.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Medifast is sooooo gross, sent it back.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your money. buy good food. make GREAT choices.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have used both, and they both worked to lose weight, but I gained it all back. I have been on just about every weight loss plan there is, and lost hundreds of pounds in my lifetime and always eventually gained it all back. I am thoroughly convinced that the only way to lose it and keep it off is to change your lifestyle. Learn to eat healthy foods in healthy portions and form lasting habits. Just change the way you eat, stay the course and don't look back! Also be as active as you can be.

^^^^^ This! Didn't try Medifast, but have tried just about everything else. Yep, slow & steady is the right way to go!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Tried herbal life for a week. I didnt like that you basically are just drinking their shakes for meals and not really learning to eat properly. Also, the lady kept trying to sell me the additional products they have even after I told her my husband worked at GNC (health/vitamin store). Not for me, and you have to stick with their products....too inflexible.
  • Rainbowperidot
    Options
    I tried Herbalife. Not only did it cost hundreds of dollars for vitamins you don't need and miscellaneous herbs that are probably useless, I got very sick from the shakes. They totally upset my stomach and had an aftertaste. It is a horrible waste of money. You can get soy protein supplements for a third of the price at any health food or GNC store.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My friend used Herbalife and lost 60 pounds. He then stopped and gained it all back plus some.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I attempted Optifast, similar to Medifast I think, about 3 years ago. I wasted a lot of money purchasing those ready mix shakes. It was part of a medical weight loss program so it was required for me to purchase a specific amount every single week. I did it for a few months, and just quit. It was hard to keep drinking the same product (no matter what flavor) every single day, and the program was way too expensive to keep up with the payments I was making. I think I only lost about 20 lbs within those few months all together, I was always tempted to eat real food! Go figure. Knowing where I am now, I should've never went there. Oh well...
  • zumbahcg
    zumbahcg Posts: 7
    Options
    Actually, I love the Herbalife shakes. It is very easy to use Herbalife along with “myfitnesspal” because “myfitnesspal” already has all the flavors listed in the food diary. I make mine with water only with a cup of ice and use a very good blender. I mix the Healthy Meal plus the Protein with water and I really love the taste. It only has around 200 calories and around 24 grams of protein. I just signed up with “myfitnesspal” on July 6 but you can view my results and what I eat on my homepage. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've used MF in the past. I lost 30 lbs in 3 mos. Gained it back due to pregnancy...but I don't think it was something I could've kept up long term. It took a while for my tastebuds to get used to the food. I had to be very creative with the meals, shakes, etc. It was also very expensive. I was on the 5 and 1 plan. Learning how to count calories and carbs with the program helped me with this new lifestyle. Now I know I can make all of my meals healthy, not depend on meal replacements and still lose weight eating real food. I joined this site in May of this year and as of this week I've lost 20 lbs.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I tried Herbalife and I lost alot of weight. Then I got really sick and my gall bladder had to be taken and I quit Herbalife and gained all the weight back and 15 kg extra.
    I will NEVER buy Herbalife again. I want to eat food, real quality food. not some powder mixed with water, milk or juice.
    If you want to lose weight do it the right way, eat proper food and exercise...use common sense
  • aanmarie
    aanmarie Posts: 1
    Options
    Medifast was so hard to stay on,expensive,and was horrible tasteting.Don't waste your money.