Hi guys!

Options
Hi guys I'm Rita and I'm 18 years old, weighting in at 73kg at a 1,65m of height.
I'm big for my size and it's not healthy, but besides this my other main concern is how I look physically.
I don't like my body at all and even though I really want to lose weight it's hard for me because I find that I sabotage myself alot!
Part of me feels that I don't deserve to lose weight and feel good about myself besides I eat when I'm stress.
It's just something that I do.
So I was looking for someone that can relate to me and maybe give me some pointers on how and what I can do to lose this weight and overcome this "anxiety-eating" disorder that I have.

Love,

Rita :smile:

Replies

• JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    For starters, stop being hard on yourself! Did the weight appear overnight? Well, it's not going to go away overnight either! I eat when I am stressed as well but the key is to just limit the amount. It's hard. It's a lifestyle change for sure.

I am the epitome of sabotage... My diet is absolutely horrible! Yet I've managed to lose weight because for me I just overate. It didn't matter that I averaged about 3 miles of walking a day at work and another 3 miles of walking the dog because of the amount of food I ate.

So now I eat less of the same crap I've always eaten, it doesn't feel like a diet. There will be those who are shocked and think what I am doing is all wrong but you have to remember, no one diet works for anyone or everyone. You have to do what works for you and ignore what others say you must do because it worked for them.

In the end, this is something you have to want for yourself for whatever reason, it doesn't matter what reason it is...

Coming to MFP is a great start, that is for sure! :)
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First off, dont beat yourself up. the most important thing to realize is that no matter how skinny you are it will NOT bring you happiness. You need to be proud of yourself for other reasons apart from the way you look.

Regarding weight loss. EVERYONE is an emotional eater! you are perfectly normal with your eating habits. And you also need to realize that you need to give yourself a break and some help - it is not all just pure will power.

The best thing to do, is to eat healthy - veggies, meats, carbs, workout more. Try to stay away from junk food, fast food and if you do crave it take a bit or two and toss it. A little of something bad is better than alot.

I am not sure how tall you are but keep your calorie count to about 1500 or so and just try to stay active or do something active that you ENJOY...that is the key. You will see over time the weight will drop GRADUALLY. that is the only way to do it. And try not to weigh yourself!!!!!! its the worst and very depressing!

Lastly, the best piece of advice I can give you is when you eat 'right' and 'diet' give yourself one day a week OFF. to eat whatever you crave. Feel free to binge until you make yourself sick. You probably wont crave that stuff for the rest of the week but make sure it is ONLY one day of a break day!!! back on the next day, hard and strong!

Good luck!
    JO
  • ZForce915
    ZForce915 Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up for what you've done in the past. If you're looking to get healthy now, then you're already on the right track.

Use MFP to track your calories and stick to it. Make realistic goals and allow yourself some days to cheat. And drink lots of water!
  • Rachael235
    Rachael235 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi i dont get on the forums much due to being so busy but thought id respond to you as i started on here 8 weeks ago and was 72.5kg im 1,64m and am now down to 64.9kg. And for me even though it feels good to lose weight it feels better to be exercising i feel energised!! So get yourself into something you enjoy no matter what it is we all have our fixes for fitness on here and the getting fitter makes you feel amazing and not want to eat junk.

I still have a day off once a week or a few treats a week but the thing to remember is what someone told me when i joined " its a marathon not a sprint" it does take time and you just have to take each day as it comes. Foodwise i found my best weeks were when i prepared fresh meals and not processed even though i was in on calories with the processed weeks i would lose double on a fresh week (and i enjoyed it more!!) im not a salad girl at all but have been experimenting with food and am beginning to enjoy it, even the water!!!!

Feel free to add me if you want :-)