Injuries

Wonderob
Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
Nothing demotivates me more than coping with an injury! I've strained something in my elbow/forearm so that's it for biceps/triceps for a while! I feel like pushing through the pain but I guess that's not advisable

Makes me want to pack it all in!

What weight training injuries have you had and how do you cope!?

Replies

• UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Hahaha, I inherited my dad's joint genes. I have bad knees from an idiot high-school strength trainer/my own ignorance on lifting. I wear knee braces and do high reps low weight to ensure less stress on them. I also don't do full squats or leg extensions because they are harsh on the knees. I recently hurt my shoulder(last five days) and I think I might have hurt the joint, although it's been getting better since I started icing. The key to not getting hurt is to take your vitamins/fish oil and to stretch a TON. Keep in mind that you can't fully stretch till you are already warmed up.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Hahaha, I inherited my dad's joint genes. I have bad knees from an idiot high-school strength trainer/my own ignorance on lifting. I wear knee braces and do high reps low weight to ensure less stress on them. I also don't do full squats or leg extensions because they are harsh on the knees. I recently hurt my shoulder(last five days) and I think I might have hurt the joint, although it's been getting better since I started icing. The key to not getting hurt is to take your vitamins/fish oil and to stretch a TON. Keep in mind that you can't fully stretch till you are already warmed up.
    . Yeah good advice, I always start with 10 mins cardio to warm up before stretching