Myrtle Beach HELP!

Options
brooke_g0501
brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
Hey guys! I don't know if I can get any suggestions here or not, but my family has been planning a trip to Myrtle beach since Feb. (We live in NH). So, we had a great friend who offered to let us use her points for a timeshare. Well, the problem is that Myrtle Beach is SO busy, that NO timeshares are available! I'm really having a hard time finding an affordable place now. We were going to pay only $225 for the week (which I know is really low), but since we had been planning on that, we can not afford some of the places that are charging $800-$1000 for the week. I have looked at campsites, hotels, and other timeshares. We are willing to change our vacation to a different area, like Ocean City, MD. Do any of you have any suggestions on where else to look, or stay? I hate to have to cancel our vacation, as it is not something we do very often. This will only be my 3rd vacation, and I'm 33! LOL Thank you so much in advance for any tips! We really do appreciate it! I do not want to disappoint my children!

Replies

• thejonperry
    Options
    Have you tried a Hostel? With kids I'm not sure how that would go but I have used one (by myself) in San Diego and it was fun.
    lots of foreign travelers who were super nice.
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Pirateland? Its a campground but have cottages you can rent. They do a stay 6 nights 7th night free. They are 2-3 bedroom 1 bath. If you could get someone else to go with and split the cost it would be very cheap. From Sept 3-Oct 31 for 7 nights is about $575. Pretty good deal. Its not in the heart of MB its actually in surfside which in my opinion is the better area to stick to. I actually grew up in the neighborhood right next to Pirateland. Knew a few ppl that stayed there and was very happy with it for someone vacationing on a budget. When searcing I reccomend surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet (best seafood area). Those areas are cheaper and not crowded and its not far at all from the middle of MB. Check this website out.

http://www.pirateland.com/vacation.html

Best of Luck!!
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll check it out!