I just can't eat all my calories....

Options
13»

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Go for quality and not quantity. Eat high calorie healthy foods, like avocados, almonds, peanut butter.

Agree 1000000000000000%

You will find that people that eat the freshest foods will have the lower calorie counts, even when eating full fat foods.

You will also find that the people that cry about being hungry and talk the most about "calorie counting" are the ones that think they can fill their plates with a bunch of processed foods and think it is all about eating a certain number.

Quality reigns supreme over quantity every time.
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Since I upped my cals for a reset, I have trouble eating enough of the healthy cals to make up 2000. I know how to eat the unhealthy stuff....that may be how I got to this weight!! :) But, I am inclined to say....be nice or go home and don''t play anymore. Same as mrsmel55, we are all here learning and sharing for support.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Two schools of thought:

If you don't eat your MFP goal every day, you will do some sort of permanent damage to yourself.

Or-

Losing weight is about creating deficits. When you learn to listen to your body (instead of the clock or some forum or your mouth), it's common to get full easier. Eat less the days you feel like it and more the days you feel like it. If you're losing more than 2 lbs/week consistently and/or eating less than 1200 calories/day on average, look into making some changes. But stuffing in peanut butter by the spoonful before bed is no key to weight loss or metabolic health.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I understand this, like today for example, I work at a desk all day, and was insanely busy, spent 6 of my 8 hours at work on the phone in phone conferences and various other things, which meant for those stretches I couldn't leave my desk, which included no snacks, and unfortunately less water. Wednesdays are also my high calorie burn days as well, around 1000 calories or more, which isn't done until AFTER work. Despite doing a protein shake pre-workout, and one with 2 scoops post workout which is so close to dinner I'm unable to eat a large dinner. I had 1500 calories left for dinner, which is at 8pm and I go to bed around 10:30. This has gotten even more common now that my lunches consist largely of salads with lots of fresh veggies, chicken, and hummus as the dressing, even though the hummus adds another 200 calories, it still makes my lunch only around 400, max, on a good day.

Also - even though I have 700 calories left for today, I would NEVER think about going and stuffing McDonald's or a milk shake down my throat, I would rather have the calories left over than put that much crap in my body, because that would defeat everything I've been working for on eating healthy.

You could try having a bigger lunch do that you have fewer calories left in the late evening and a lighter meal then?
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi!
    Could you tell me what sites can help give ideas with foods/calories/menus?:smile:
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    There are some people who reply with rudeness and sarcasm to those who are asking for help and advice. That is totally uncalled for. If you don't have something nice or supportive to say....keep it to yourself. This site is supposed to be for help and support and its hard to get it in the forums these day. Thats just sad. Some of us who have struggled with weight problems all our lives are trying to cut back on eating and it can be hard to eat enough good calories when you are trying to retrain your brain to eat less. Suggestions welcome. Ridicule unwelcome. Get the picture?

DITTO! Tks Mel! I don't understand why rudeness is used. What if EVERYONE on here was rude when you ask a question? We would never be where we are today. If you need help there is always someone, especially the moderators to answer your questions. Good luck and do eat a tblsp of pb if needed.:)
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do a Google for Appetite help with elderly person. It has some good advise.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's not that your old but this is what Google gives.