How many cups of water does 1,5l of water fills?

Options
I have this question because I want to update my water consumption in my food diary but I got stuck on this, because I have no idea how many cups a 1,5l water bottle fills.
Any ideas?

Replies

• llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    1.5 liters = 6.34 cups
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ummmm according to the metric system a cup is 250mls, therefore 1.5 litres is 6 exactly
  • lindylubilou
    lindylubilou Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this I drink from a 1.5l bottle and thought it was about 4! Glad it's more though as usually I only drink one a day.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes it's quite confusing and I really wanted to know because I drink alot of water daily. Usually a 1,5l bottle and sometimes even 2 a day.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ummmm according to the metric system a cup is 250mls, therefore 1.5 litres is 6 exactly

That's only a rough rule of thumb.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

That's only a rough rule of thumb.

Actually it is not a rule of thumb, it is quite accurate. The answer is 6.3 cups in the US or where you use the imperial system (given that your 8oz cups are ~237ml). When using the metric system a cup is exactly 250ml, so the answer is 6.

Schooled!:laugh:
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The UK National Health Service says:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/water-drinks.aspx

The Department of Health recommends that we should drink about 1.2 litres of fluid every day to stop us getting dehydrated. This works out to be about six 200ml or eight 150ml glasses, cups or mugs. In hotter climates, the body needs more water than this.