Do you now feel overweight at your skinnier weight?

Options
I have lost close to 30 lbs. and am just stuck... Now I am starting to feel like I did when I was close to 200 lbs. It stinks. I am happy and feel healthy, but just feel stuck and am beginning to feel uncomfortable in my skin again. Is anyone else having these feelings?

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Me too. I've lost 55 pounds and since it's slowed down a bit I'm starting to feel similar to when I started. I know I made a lot of progress but yeah I know what you're talking about. >.>
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Well, yes. I'm still overweight though.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes. Momentarily please with progress and almost instant dissatisfaction at what I still see.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds and gained 10 of it back over several months. I didn't realize how much weight I had lost til I gained again. It's a mental thing for sure! I can tell differences in pictures though.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this up!

I have just gotten to the point where the place that felt so skinny is beginning to feel like it did when I got to this weight the first time. Let's take it as an inspiration not to be satisfied where we are and keep going! This journey we are taking is not a time-limited "diet" but a change for life.

I am more determined now to get rid of these last 10-15 pounds. I'm at a lower weight than I have been in almost 20 years, but it isn't done yet. I think I can do it.

It is weird, though, how the exact same weight can feel so skinny one day and so blah the next. Perception depends on how full you are, what you're wearing, where you are, what you're doing. It is hard not to worry and obsess about it, but just remember, we're on the right track and getting to healthy.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yes. I guess I wasn't aware of just how overweight I was before. Now I am in a hurry to get rid of it.