HELP!!! Please!!! RECIPES NEEDED!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com is an AWESOME place to start!!! There is a tab you can click on for "ingredients" and type in items you like or have on hand... You can also type in things you dislike or dont want included in the recipe... You wouldn't believe the amazing easy recipes I have found!!! I open my fridge and select "chicken, garlic, and onion" for example, if thats what i have, and voila! Instant recipes...
    AND they have nutrition info for each recipe!!! Check it out!!! :happy:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    myrecipes.com also has a search function where you can plug in 2 or 3 things you know that you either have on hand or are family favorites and come up with lots of good recipes.

This is one of my personal faves - yummy and easy to portion
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/diner-meat-loaf-muffins-10000001160601/

Which brings me to my next point...for me, it was fun to find a bunch of new recipes to try but in the end, I realized it was fine to make the old standbys, I just had to substitute a few things (whole wheat pasta and less of it, more veggies, less and/or leaner meat) and also be careful of my portion sizes. This way I'm able to make a lot of the foods I've always made and my hubby's happy with our dinner choices.

Here's another recipes you might like. We thought it was a bit bland (so add spices you like), and one large head of cabbage was almost too much but I guess it depends on the size of the cabbages available in your area?

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/kalyns-stuffed-cabbage-casserole.html

Good luck and enjoy!
  • cetbishop
    cetbishop Posts: 3
    Options
    Try the mayo clinic website as well. They have an amazing spicy turkey taco recipe. It smells a lot like chorizo which is very yummy but full of greasy fat! You can add scrambled egg whites and make them into fake chorizo and egg tacos!

1.5 tbs chili powder
    1.5 tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp ground oregano
    1 chopped onion
    1 lb extra lean turkey breast
    whole wheat tortillas
    toppings:
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    shredded lettuce
    diced tomato
    salsa

sooo yummy
  • cetbishop
    cetbishop Posts: 3
    Options
    Also, if you are a member of Pinterest, you can often find healthy options under the fitness category!