Beachbody Program Enthusiasts Please Help!

Options
Hello all. I'm a big fan of P90X and I love it dearly. I'm trying to get my mom started on a home fitness program that works with her painfully busy schedule, and P90X is a bit too "X" for her at this point in her current fitness level. I was thinking of getting her started on either ChaLean or Slim in 6 but I don't know which one to choose. I've never done either but have heard great things about both. I know she'll need to see results somewhat quickly in order to be motivated to stick with it. I'm just worried that Slim in 6 won't deliver as quickly as ChaLean, but that ChaLean might be too intense. How do these 2 programs compare to P90X in terms of intensity and rapidity of results? Any insights you might have will be greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou: Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Replies

• proctor0828
    Options
    Try Tony Horton's other workout set ... The 10 minute one... it's not quite the "X" but it does work all muscle groups at once... Like Tony said... you can't expect to get results if your not willing to do the work.
  • proctor0828
    Options
    Try Tony Horton's other workout set ... The 10 minute one... it's not quite the "X" but it does work all muscle groups at once... Like Tony said... you can't expect to get results if your not willing to do the work.

I'm also a huge P90X fan... I'm on Week 6
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody coach, and I've done P90X and Slim in 6. I haven't tried ChaLean Extreme, but some of the people I know who have describe it as "P90X for women." They all are awesome programs. But one of my all-time favorites is the good old Power 90. You get to alternate between sweat and sculpt programs so you're not doing the same thing every day like you are with Slim in 6. Yet it's not as intense or as much of a time commitment as P90X. I think it's a great program to get started with.

Jill
  • kittynurse
    Options
    Holy cow, proctor0828! Look at your sign-off stats! You're doing an absolutely awesome job. Thanks so much for the tip on 10-Min Trainer. I completely forgot about it; I actually have the discs so I could have her get started on those right away, then move on to Power 90 per Jill's suggestion. Thanks so much!
  • Jnumber8
    Options
    Hello all. I'm a big fan of P90X and I love it dearly. I'm trying to get my mom started on a home fitness program that works with her painfully busy schedule, and P90X is a bit too "X" for her at this point in her current fitness level. I was thinking of getting her started on either ChaLean or Slim in 6 but I don't know which one to choose. I've never done either but have heard great things about both. I know she'll need to see results somewhat quickly in order to be motivated to stick with it. I'm just worried that Slim in 6 won't deliver as quickly as ChaLean, but that ChaLean might be too intense. How do these 2 programs compare to P90X in terms of intensity and rapidity of results? Any insights you might have will be greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou: Thanks in advance for your time and help!

You should try Beachbody's Power 90 or Power 90 Master Series. My sister was a P90X'er and my wife and I wanted to start working out. But, P90X was too X for us. So, we did Power 90 and then moved up to Power 90 Master Series. The Master Series is excellent preparation for P90X. Many of the moves in the Master Series are in P90X, but they're not quite as intense. Now, my wife and I are finishing up our second round of P90X. Even now we still like to do some of the Master Series workouts just to give our workouts a little variety. I strongly recommend Power 90 Master Series.

Jon