Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rate of losing..

mulcahya
mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
I lost 0.9kg the first day, 0.7kg the second and now only 0.4kg the third. And yesterday I ate the least (apparently it only added up to 800Cal ish for the day) and drank a lot of water and did more exercise than the other ideas. I'm just worried if it slows to zero this early on then I'll lose motivation!! I've lost weight before (5kg earlier in the year) but couldn't notice any change in size and so I put it all back on but I'm really keen to drop a size or two and lose 8 - 10kg total so need to keep the motivation going. I'm very new to here but hoping it'll keep me going!

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much :)

Replies

• jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Not to burst your bubble, but the sudden loss is probably just water weight. You weightlossisn't just going to magically happen. It's something you have to work at. You didn't put it on in a month, and you sure aren't going to lose it all in a month. Having that expectation is just going to demotivate you when you don't lose at the rate you are expecting.
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Thanks

Also, if I eat under the 1200 Cal will this lower my weight loss? Because obviously eating less means less caloric intake but may change my metabolism.

And should I measure myself weekly? Last time I was a bit too keen and measuring every 2 days (why I didn't see any results!).
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    I typically try to only weigh once a week, and I have my weight loss set to about a pound a week. Some weeks I don't seem to lose anything, some weeks a lose two pounds. I just don't like the idea of eating less than my BMR.