How did you overcome food addiction?

I am curious to know if others struggle with food addiction or did... what things helped you to change

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    People are going to start thinking that I'm making money from this book because I recommend it all the time - I can assure you I'm not, I just found it really helpful!

Have a look at "Eating Less" by Gillian Riley, she talks about addictive eating behaviours and some very practical strategies to overcome them.
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    I still deal with it every day. The day I admitted that I have a food addiction changed my life. That's when I started looking for ways to break it. I also had an addiction to soda. I treated it similar to how an alcoholic would and made sure I would avoid soda entirely. I took Dexatrim for a couple of weeks to wean myself off of caffeine and to help with food cravings. Now I try to use my best judgement and log every calorie I eat so that I can at least face it if I do binge. Now I'm working on cutting out sugars and salt and limiting my carbs. Today wasn't one of the good carb days, but tomorrow is a brand new day. Good luck and send me a FR if you want more support with this.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Pure will-power. nothing else seems to help me. pizza ia my biggest weekness so a handful of times a year it is a treat to myself. cutting it out all together just leads to failure for me.