Anyone eating 1 meal & juicing 2 others?

Options
2»

Replies

• ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I've actually been looking into juicing... so bump for later :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Juicing is one of the worst methods to lose weight. You are drinking calories that you could easily go without. If its negligible then fine but if each glass has over 50 calories then skip it.

Yawn. You are everywhere posting ridiculousness... Kinda like the plague :)
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I gave up on juicing long time ago, waste of time and energy.
    Currently I'm planning on eating breakfast and lunch and making a fruit and/or veggie smoothie with a bender for dinner :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Juicing is one of the worst methods to lose weight. You are drinking calories that you could easily go without. If its negligible then fine but if each glass has over 50 calories then skip it.

Actually he has a point.
    I asked above how much OP is planning to eat per day.
    1 meal and 2 "juice" doesnt sound very healthy nor sustainable.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to try 1 juiced meal and 2 real ones... I have a juicer that I use but I have not been "juicing" e.i using it as a cleanse/weight loss tool.
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

Actually he has a point.

The point is...actually.. I don't care about the point. When I see this guy everywhere posting everything about nothing... tends to make me negate everything said. I've seen you on several threads.. not trying to be rude... just trying to say, that I'm over the stupid fight impending posts... trying to argue everything about everything. Once I read about eating 10,000 cals a day, I just kinda lost focus. I can't relate to anything said ... :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Actually he has a point.

The point is...actually.. I don't care about the point. When I see this guy everywhere posting everything about nothing... tends to make me negate everything said. I've seen you on several threads.. not trying to be rude... just trying to say, that I'm over the stupid fight impending posts... trying to argue everything about everything. Once I read about eating 10,000 cals a day, I just kinda lost focus. I can't relate to anything said ... :)

The 10k cal fat eating day?
    Yea I know!
    Right?
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options

Actually he has a point.

The 10k cal fat eating day?
    Yea I know!
    Right?

Yes :) Right!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    OP still hasnt told us how many cals she will be eating daily.
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Actually he has a point.

I juice once a day everyday. Usually about 150 calories in a 16oz glass.

Although, I don't juice to lose weight. I juice for the micro nutrients!
  • BaconSan
    BaconSan Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm staying within my calorie range (except 112 over tonight) with 1 meal (breakfast) & the juices. I got a lot of ideas on the REBOOT site & watching Joe Cross videos on YouTube I usually have breakfast, then 3 juices, water - I plan to do the classic Reboot juicing & meals eating only fruit & vegetables for 10 days. I printed off the diet guidelines. Today was 1 week. I feel more energetic than before. Tomorrow is a weigh in.

My husband is doing it too not for weight loss just to feel better.
  • BaconSan
    Options
    According to Joe Cross there are diff enzymes in ones body to digest finer & juice, if there is no fiber in the diet (not forever just for awhile) your body goes to work on consuming the stored energy (the gross fat : P ) that is why juice instead of the whole vegetable makes a more dramatic weight loss.
  • jasminecandle
    Options
    What kind of juice are we talking about? Apple juice?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Actually he has a point.
    it's not supposed to be sustained. I will juice for 1-2 meals a day for 4-6 days- after the holidays or a roadtrip. It helps with that heavy gut feeling from too much foods. It is easily digested, giving the body a short break.... supposedly. It seems to work for me anyway done ocassionally for short periods.
  • Rae1105
    Rae1105 Posts: 22
    Options
    :-)
  • Rae1105
    Options
    What kind of juice are we talking about? Apple juice?

Fresh juiced fruits and vegatables, there's tons of info about it on the internet & youtube videos. Here's an example recipe:

Mean Green Juice
    6 Kale Leaves
    1 Cucumber
    4 Celery Stalks
    2 Green Apples
    1/2 Lemon
    1 piece of ginger

I haven't yet purchased a juicer so I "juice" all my fruits & veggies in my Ninja Blender
  • BaconSan
    Options
    It has been 1 week since I started it 7.9 lbs down. Nobody tell me "It's just water" - I will take "just water" because I don't even lose "water" on my other diet plans. The best thing has been no hunger & no extreme cravings. The down side - it's expensive especially doing organic fruits & vegetables. The next few weeks I'm going to switch to the non organic I don't like to but I have to. Tomorrow I am going to start the Quck Start Reboot. It is ten days juicing & eating 2 meals of fruits & vegetables. The REBOOT site has recipes & meal suggestions for whatever plan a person chooses. Rae1105 I LOVE Mean Green Juice, I can not understand the people who think it tastes like swamp water.
  • Rae1105
    Options
    It has been 1 week since I started it 7.9 lbs down. Nobody tell me "It's just water" - I will take "just water" because I don't even lose "water" on my other diet plans. The best thing has been no hunger & no extreme cravings. The down side - it's expensive especially doing organic fruits & vegetables. The next few weeks I'm going to switch to the non organic I don't like to but I have to. Tomorrow I am going to start the Quck Start Reboot. It is ten days juicing & eating 2 meals of fruits & vegetables. The REBOOT site has recipes & meal suggestions for whatever plan a person chooses. Rae1105 I LOVE Mean Green Juice, I can not understand the people who think it tastes like swamp water.

I think a lot of us are "visual" eaters and when looking at the color of the drink it can be off putting and in our minds it taste as it looks. However I've grown to love my green juices. This week I've started adding celery which I'm not a fan of and it hasn't been half bad but certainly not my fav......As for the cost yes it can be very expensive however I like to think of it as money saved on medical bills which tower over the small cost of fresh organic fruits and veggies.... If you have a store like Sams or Kosco you can get a bit more bang for you buck. I got my organic Spinach, Romaine & Celery from them & it'll last me the whole week for just under $10

For my fruit like banana's and what not ( I love adding banana's to my juices) I may get from Rouses they have their "blue band" banana's (ones that are to them too ripe) i about a 3lb bag for about $1.49 for the entire bag. I'll take those and cut them up and freeze them last me about a good two weeks are more.

Farmer's Markets are also a great place to get organic in season fruit & veggies @ really low prices. In this last month I've spent a good $60 on my items for juicing( I use my ninja blender) with 90% of those items being organic....not too shaby.
  • crb1775
    Options
    I've just started juicing as well. Only day 2. I'm doing one per day to start. Yesterday I did just a fruit one but today I got brave and put in some celery. Not too bad but it's going to take some getting use to. I'll support y'all if you support me! :happy: I'm trying to find recipes that of course have veggies but taste more like fruit.

I've watched FSND and WOWZA! I'm just worried I don't have the will power to stick with juicing for even ten days... Will one juice a day still help me lose more weight in a shorter period of time? Any advice will be appreciated! :smile: