Runners....I need your help: UPDATE

Options
Maree44
Maree44 Posts: 12 Member
I did it! I ran 23 minutes today! It was just a matter of putting my health above my brain, and I did it!

Thanks Y'all for your help!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!! I reached a personal best run time tonight too.
  • Maree44
    Options
    Thank you and Congratulations to you!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Now the hard part starts.....and do it again (not tomorrow, but the day after - best to run every 2nd day or so until your body gets used to it) and again, and again.......and pretty soon you'll be posting "I ran my first 5K!"

A word of caution, running is highly addictive and may cause you to develop an annoyingly (at least to non-runners) positive outlook on life.
  • Maree44
    Options
    Brian....
    So I should run that distance every other day? Here is what I have been doing and you tell me what you think....

I usually do one day of intervals, like 7 run, 3 walk, 5 run faster, 3 walk, 3 run faster, 3 walk 1 run really fast, walk.

Then the next day I do inclined walking/ running intervals

Then my distance run, so next week it will be 25 or 26 minutes

Tell me what you think?
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done. I bet you feel a great sense of achievement!!

I think your programme is pretty good. I assume each day you are targetting working at a different heart rate so that you are really developing all aspects of your fitness.

Personally I'd go with 1 interval type per week (though you can vary the type week to week). 1 speed run. 1 long run.

For those I'd expect to be working heart rate zones of 90+%, 80-90 and 70-80 respectively.