What is your favorite sport to play? and why?

Options
Obviously mine is basketball. Ive played ever since I was 5. I like the whole aspect of teamwork and all the running.
(I also play soccer and tennis!)

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    soccer and tennis for me too! i just like running all over the place. :)
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I love playing a game of touch/tackle football with friends! I played in high school and miss it a bunch. Second favorite is basketball.
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    wallyball, baseball/softball, and even a little soccer and ice hockey (only played 2x, but loved it!)... Not very good at any of them, but love to play!
  • ChristinaLeexo
    Options
    Lacrosse and field hockey.
    I have been doing them since my last yr in middle school. I play Lacrosse in College. This will be my 3rd yr playing goalie. I love my team so much and its a great way to lose weight if you have a good coach she will whip any person into shape :)
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Soccer! I just love it!!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Golf - just you and the elements.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Martial Arts. Sparring is the best stress reliever out there!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Rugby, because I play one of the pushey-shovey positions and I think pushey-shovey, in the context of sports, is fun.
  • Sammijo24
    Sammijo24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Definitely softball! I started tball when I was three and quit fast pitch softball when I was 17 so its always been a huge part of my life.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Football and football................the American kind.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Pool beause it's a sport for sexy people
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    I played volleyball and softball but I current love to bowl. It's relaxing, a good work out, takes skill and balance along with perfect form and release. It's challenging but fun at the same time.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    basketball, but just because it is hard to play pick up football :).. I also play soccer (indoor and outdoor) and softball (just not much recently). I actually like most all sports and am pretty good at most, the one I have the most problem with and get completely frustrated when I try to play is GOLF.... it is definitely not a relaxing sport for me.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    growing up we used to play anything and everything
    Field hockey (not the same as ice hockey)
    soccer
    cricket
    basketball (i suck at it)
    badminton
    squash (racketball)
    maram pitty (too complicated to explain, kind of like dodgeball except we used tennis ball and those hurt ALOT)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Cricket ... For the teamwork and banter. I play winter and summer here in Brisbane.

I used to enjoy being a soccer goalkeeper too.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    basketball, but just because it is hard to play pick up football :).. I also play soccer (indoor and outdoor) and softball (just not much recently). I actually like most all sports and am pretty good at most, the one I have the most problem with and get completely frustrated when I try to play is GOLF.... it is definitely not a relaxing sport for me.

Golf is definitely frustrating for me these days too. I've lost so much weight that my swing has completely changed. I use to shoot in the high 70's - low 80's, but now I can't find a fairway and scramble just to shoot a 90. So frustrating to me. I'll work it out though.

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work!
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    fencing. I've been fencing for years, not only do I get to stab people legally, but I have thighs of steel and can tell you what movies have accurate sword fights (Princess Bride) and what don't (basically every other movie with swords)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Football (soccer) I played now I coach
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Competitive swimming. It's extremely good for you, and it's kind of two contests in one.

When you're in the water, swimming your heart out, you know you are racing the people in the lanes next to you. But you can't see them or hear them because of the spray and the water and the sound of your splashing a breathing. You're racing yourself, too, trying to beat your best time.

There's nothing more amazing than getting into diving position and feeling your adrenaline rush as the diving pistol goes off. And the adrenaline rush of touching the wall when you're done is amazing.

The whole experience is a rush -- starting, swimming, finishing. It's amazing.
  • SummerDreamer01
    Options
    Netball, im from New Zealand so I don't know if people from America know what that is haha. Its such a fun sport and burns sooo many calories!