Good foods high in calories?

Options
Heather_Rider
Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
I have a very hard time eating my 1200 calories.... (it takes ALL kinds to be fat, so if you are going to be hateful for that.. dont even bother.. i dont care that you WISH you had my "problem". Its a problem for ME.. respect it or SFTU. This is a site for SUPPORT... i get enough crap for other stuff in my personal life.. i sure as shiz dont need it here!

That being said.... Im seeking foods that are high in calories, but still GOOD FOR ME.

I cannot eat any type of nut, and i really would not care if i never saw a green pepper.. but i can eat small amounts cooked.

I am here not just to lose weight, but to be HEALTHY.

Do not tell me to fill my calories with a cheeseburger from McDonalds..

Thanks! If you are in the same boat, please feel free to add me! =)

Replies

• KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Avocado's are high in calories...but the good kind. I love them but i have to keep an eye on what it does to my daily limit. Just one banana can bulk up a day by 100+ calories too. Um...fruit juice. Pasta (unless you're watching the carbs). Cheese. Salad dressings, guacamole.
    Failing that eat a big bowl of lard with a spoon.
    I'm kidding.
    Unless you're into that kind of thing. =/
  • Gianna44
    Gianna44 Posts: 124
    Options
    I also aim for 1200 calories and occasionally fall short (some days I hit it too easily :)

I add extra olive oil while cooking or on foods if I have the calories. I also don't do fat free anything (unless it is naturally that way) - low fat yogurt, 2% cottage cheese taste better to me and are a bit higher in calories. I don't know what bread you eat if you do eat bread, but avoid the light and eat the real thing if you want to add some calories.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Avocado's are high in calories...but the good kind. I love them but i have to keep an eye on what it does to my daily limit. Just one banana can bulk up a day by 100+ calories too. Um...fruit juice. Pasta (unless you're watching the carbs). Cheese. Salad dressings, guacamole.
    I'm kidding.

lmao.. i cant stand avacado and bananas. *tosses hands in the air* LOL
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    I also aim for 1200 calories and occasionally fall short (some days I hit it too easily :)

I add extra olive oil while cooking or on foods if I have the calories. I also don't do fat free anything (unless it is naturally that way) - low fat yogurt, 2% cottage cheese taste better to me and are a bit higher in calories. I don't know what bread you eat if you do eat bread, but avoid the light and eat the real thing if you want to add some calories.

Thanks! i try to be very careful.. and im always scared i wont get enough to eat.. but then i fall like 400 calories short! Ill remember that butter and oil are okay in moderation! Sure would make things taste better.. lol. I dont guess a sandwich will be too horrible for me.. i think im scared to give in to alot of things.. like if i start slowly going back, ill lean more towards that, instead of healthier choices. this is truly going to be a journey, but its nice to know i can enjoy the walk along the way. =)
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I'm kidding.

lmao.. i cant stand avacado and bananas. *tosses hands in the air* LOL

Oh for heaven's sakes, lol.
    In that case i pretty much agree with Gianna44. Just quit choosing the 'light' options with bread and cheese and stuff like that and eat the real deal.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    avocado
    nuts (YUM!! enjoy some cashews ;)) easyyy way to add cals
    nut butters
    cheese
    sweet potato (for a decent size)

cook with olive or coconut oil....one tbsp is 120 calories and packed with nutrients (if cooking HOT use coco oil, olive is good for cold like salads)

shouldnt be hard if you add these things...i have a hard time staying under 1800 ;)
  • michellematteson
    Options
    Dark chocolate and red wine may be good choices. Dark Chocolate (70% or above) has antioxidants and red wine is good for the heart.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, source of fat and calcium
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

with hot fudge drizzled on top. or butterscotch. source of awesome.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter goes with anything and will jack up the calories like you wouldn't believe!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options

Aaaahahahaha, source of awesome. Heck yeah, agreed.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options

LMAO!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Adding coconut oil to your cooking will add all the calories you want and rev up your metabolism ... The calories in coconut oil are extremely unlikely to be converted to fat. Win win.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Adding coconut oil to your cooking will add all the calories you want and rev up your metabolism ... The calories in coconut oil are extremely unlikely to be converted to fat. Win win.

win- death. i am HIGHLY allergic to nuts.. all nuts and coconut is infact a nut! I had a blood test to confirm it :(

which sucks, because it smells SOOOOOO good!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Cheese and Milk. I was low on my calories today so I just had some milk to make up for it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    nuts, cheese, full fat products, a bowl of rice is like 300+ calories, 2 tbsp peanut butter on whole wheat toast is like 300+ calories
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Have you tried dates? 5-6 dates are 120 calories

They can be used in recipes with cocoa to make them really tasty. I know thats not alot. But you just said you didn't like one of my favorite go to deserts. Not sure if cocoa is on your ok list.
  • Heather_Rider
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice... but um.. I CANNOT HAVE NUTS.. lol.. got anything other than nuts?

Thanks for all the other ideas! I will put some into my diet, but as i said before.. im concerned if i start eating more starchy things.. i will end up with a plate full of mac & cheese for dinner... lol.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    ooohh!

mac & cheese.

:)
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you buy the fat free or low fat versions of dairy then skip those! Whole milk is much better since it is less processed and contains the vitamins you need as well as being higher on calories. Skip anything fat free and low fat, your body needs healthy fats like evoo, real butter, some animal fat like on your meat is also good for you, legumes like beans, lentils and quinoa are healthy and usually high in calories.