Panera Bread

Options
lauryn86
lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
Going to Panera Bread for dinner tommorow night, I know most things are fairly healthy but I wanted to know some of YOUR favorites, bc for some reason when I get to the menu I freeze up like a deer in headlights...LOL too many choices? Tell me what you love for a calorie bargain :)

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    I've been going there a lot lately. I get the You Pick Two with the thai chopped chicken salad (no wontons) and the lemon chicken orzo soup. This comes to 300 cals, and if you get an apple on the side thatll be 380. The broccoli cheddar soup is delicoius too but thats a little higher calorie.

The strawberry poppyseed chicken salad is also delicious. I get the full size for only 330 calories.
  • donaajaan
    donaajaan Posts: 2
    Options
    I like the you pick two tomato soup with no croutons and the greek salad. I get chips on the side :)
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I tried the strawberry poppy seed salad with chicken recently, and I really liked it.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like the pick 2 chicken noodle soup and greek salad
  • StephEwell
    StephEwell Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really like the thai and bbq salads - get the dressings on the side (dip your fork) and they're really great! Also, I like the broccoli and cheddar soup - So so good! If you're in the mood for a sandwich - the cafe sandwiches are a great bet - just ask for no mayo :) Usually can get out of there in under 500 calories! it's great!
  • lmeslie
    lmeslie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually get a smoked turkey sandwich on honey wheat (instead of country miche) which is around 400 calories for the sandwich. You can choose an apple as your side instead of chips or bread. Sometimes, I get the half smoked turkey sandwich and half of a salad with fat free poppyseed dressing or a cup of soup. I hope this helps! Just always choose the apple over the chips or bread.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like their summer salad if they still have it. They also have some good soups
    I get the soup w/ half a baguette and an apple. Love love their smoothies too.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You pick 2/ Asian Sesame salad & Chicken Noodle Soup......Yummy w/Apple Or just the whole Asian salad(best dressing ever)Have Fun & enjoy!!!!!
  • michellematteson
    Options
    You Pick Two with the classic salad and the Cuban Chicken. Or the Mediterranean Veggie is I feel like something cold.
  • jeannelawrie
    jeannelawrie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like the you pick two with chicken noodle and the Asian sesame chicken salad, but if I really want to splurge I get the Fuji apple chicken salad. I love that salad, but it is higher in calories than the Asian sesame.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My favorite soup, when they have it, is the black bean soup! I also love getting you pick two classic salad and turkey avocado sandwich, no mayo. I have to say, though, that my favorite is the strawberry poppyseed salad-no pecans... it is, by far, the tastiest ever!
  • Nikkimarie1980
    Options
    The new poppy seed fruit salad with chicken is really good. I had it yesterday for lunch. It has alot of fruit and a fat free poppy seed dressing. I also love the broccoli cheese soup.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The strawberry poppyseed chicken salad is also delicious. I get the full size for only 330 calories.
    [/quote]

^^^ YES! This salad is my crack. I am addicted to it, and it is only around during the summer. Enjoy it now!! :)
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You Pick 2 with their turkey on country with no sauce (or with light mayo) and their low fat chicken tortilla soup. Mmm. :love:
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love Panera. I typically get the pick two with classic salad and half tuna sandwich. Its filling and not too many calories. Enjoy.
  • healthylife1010
    Options
    I usually get the you pick two option (half sandwich/half soup). I love the mediterranean veggie sandwich without the feta on whole grain or honey wheat bread. With that I get a bowl of black bean soup, garden vegetable soup or chicken noodle soup and then an apple on the side. The soups are low-fat and delicious. The only problem is the sodium level. Drink lots of water!!
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree with the strawberry chicken salad. Yummy and really reasonable calorie-wise. :bigsmile: I've also had the Pick 2 with half the salad and a turkey sandwich (can't remember what it's called, but pretty much just a basic turkey on country bread).
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Headed to Panera next week to celebrate a friend's birthday and I need ideas.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i love the tomato and mozzarella panini and vegetable soup w/ pesto