Anyone trying to lose or has lost over 100 pounds?

Options
I was talking on the phone to my best friend, we've been super close for 7 years and we somehow got on the subject of how I used to be so uncomfortable with myself our freshman year of high school. Back then I was probably 180ish pounds? Now I'm 274 and a lot more confident than I used to be, and he commented on that. He's going back to Mexico for a couple of years, and my goal by the time he comes back is to be 150 pounds to the point where he doesn't even recognize me.

Anyhoo. Is anyone in the process of trying to lose over 100 pounds, or you already have? I would love to hear how you did it, or things you did to keep motivated.

Replies

• MD1Girl
    MD1Girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose over 100 pounds. I've only just begun this journey (June 3rd), but my motivation is the changes I'm seeing in my body and the way I feel. I do have bad days, I think we all do. I don't dwell on those, I just keep moving forward and focusing on my goals. I know that it's a long process, but I'm finally in the right frame of mind to get there.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did and I have kept it off for over 2 years now... my profile has the link to how I did everything...
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Plateau right now but I followed MFP, ate well, cheated once in a while. I started out on a bike 10 minutes at a time but do elliptical, walk 3+ miles at a time (including hills and such) and have started doing weights at the gym to try to roll off the plateau and down the hill! I am a good cook which can be bad or good.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am in the midst of trying to lose 122. When I started my journey in Febuary of 2007 I weighed in at 272. On Saturday, I weighed in at 196
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I am trying to lose over 100 lbs. I started on June 3rd. Feel free to add me!!
  • otterheinman
    Options
    I was 300 lbs for 13 years. From 2003-2004 I lost 120 and have maintained (at minimum) 100 lbs of that lost! It CAN be done!
  • shari227
    shari227 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 125lbs. I started at 299 and have lost 50 since November. While I didn't lose during Jan.-March I was able to maintain the 30 I had lost. I got back to it at the end of April and have lost 20 more. Feel free to add me for lots of positive support.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is to lose a total of 180 lbs. I'm currently half way. :)

Add me if you'd like!
  • BRoth1987
    BRoth1987 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose feel free to add me!
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 100lbs now (some pre-MFP) from my heaviest weight. The differences and the ways you change are indescribable- didn't think it was possible to feel this good! Good luck on your journey- feel free to add me!
  • Rchamb1627
    Rchamb1627 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am trying to loose 150,, Scarry
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Me too, 24 down so far!
  • cri77erbug
    Options
    I'm beginning to lose it, feel free to add me for motivation :)
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am just over half way there finally!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have lost 53lbs so far -started in November - but due to family illness and final exams I took 2 months out to maintain - so was losing roughtly 10lbs per month until then- I still have about 100lbs to go - I started at 297 and want to get to about 140. I am concentrating on fitness and healthy eating with weightloss being a by-product of that. I am roughly abou 1/3 of the way there.
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose around 150lbs!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of losing 108 pounds. I started at 238 in January, joined MFP at 214 in June, and I am now 202. Goal weight is 130. Feel free to add me!

How I am doing it: watching my caloric intake, of course, plus exercise. I walk 7-8 miles a day at 5mph and do strength training 4 days a week, and I hula hoop every day :smile:
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Started at 285, weigh 254, want to weigh 125-150

Doing low carb (atkins induction), and doing light/moderate workouts and its working very well.
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    I also started at 274 and my goal is to lose exactly 100lbs. Eating a diet high in lean protein and low in carbs alongside a mix of strength and cardio training (with a personal trainer) has meant I've been able to lose the first half quite quickly. Second 50lbs feels like it's going to be a lot harder and the weightloss has really slowed down.

Do go for it and persevere - it's hard work but when the weight starts to come off, it's the most awesome feeling. My life has got so much better already and while I always thought that I'd gone too far with my weight gain to ever get back to a healthy weight, I'm now realising that my target weight is so acheivable and it's going to feel great when I get there.

Best of luck x
  • firehousegrl
    Options
    I just started my trek yesterday and would like to loose 100lbs. i have been working out and changing my eating for 6 weeks now but have not lost anything, so I am trying to kick it up a notch by joining here!! Can not wait to see the changes. I am at my heaviest I have ever been and feel horrible. I quit smoking a year ago so I packed on the pounds with that, but that is one thing down now I need to get my weight down. I would like to add you as a friend hopefully we will all motivate each other.