I say eat healthy and exercise.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Leave it alone it's a gimmick.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well that's already in place, I've lost over 50lbs already. I have 20 left. Just wondered what people who've tried it think.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to use something that's already had one recall issued by the FDA?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work. I have some in the cabinet and I am not even using it.
  • 20shan08
    Options
    Lol, has anyone tried it? ... Just curious. My brother, a mixed martial artist and weight trainer uses it, as do most of the people in his gym. I've never tried pills, cuz I believe they're all junk. I just wanted to hear from someone who is or has been on them.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Why do you want to use something that's already had one recall issued by the FDA?

Ephedra, which is what it was recalled for, was removed. Now it's basically a sugar/caffeine pill. But yeah, I've tried it before and it gave energy the first few days then after that was useless.
  • 20shan08
    Options
    Never said I wanted it...
  • 20shan08
    Options
    Doesn't work. I have some in the cabinet and I am not even using it.

Thank you!! Did you try it for any period of time?
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I used it. It made me shaky and sick, sweatty, anxious, kind of like an overdose of caffeine. It was AWFUL! I do not recommend it, honestly.
  • milzu
    milzu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used Hydroxy cut a few years ago, but didn't go the whole hog, with the pills and everything. Just an extremely low carb diet, with the protein poweder that had some kind of magic potion in them. The first week was nothing but shakes until dinner, which was fish & veggies. The second week was shakes, with lunch and dinner. I didn't go the pills because (and I know this sounds contradictory given the diet I just described) they didn't sound all that healthy, or proven to be effective. And besides, the diet alone is enough to lose the kgs (and water weight too of course).

I found the lack of carbs gave me the 'keto fog', which affected my work and uni studies at the time.

The diet itself is like all diets - fine for the short term, but not at all sustainable. I went on it because I wanted to burn the last few kilos quickly.

I lost about 4 kgs in 3 weeks. Down from 67kgs to 63kgs. Then Christmas came, and I eased up, and what do you know, the weight came straight back on and then some.

From then I vowed never to diet again. I eat a healthly variety of foods, do a healthly variety of exercise. And I'm sitting on 66kgs, still battling those last few kgs that come from sitting in an office all day every day, and treating myself to wine and curry and chocolate perhaps a litte too often.

My advice - leave it alone. Experts agree that slow weight loss is the best way to acheive what you really want - long term sustained health and wellbeing.
  • 20shan08
    Options
    Thanks a lot! Good to hear, I just wanted some info on it from ppl that have tried it.