Fitness Level

Options
Since going back to school (college) I dropped my setting for activity level down to sedentary, since I spend the majority of my day sitting in class, or sitting at home doing work, etc. However, I do walk to class, should I count this as exercise, even though I do it every day? I don't think it's enough to raise my level to lightly active, but I feel like it should count for something, and the extra 120 calories I lost are really missed :laugh:

I'm down to 1200 a day, which is just barely over starvation mode. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kokonutmama
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I will stick my nose in this one :) I think the same thing: I set my activity level as sedentary, so every time I go get the mail or whatever I think about logging 1 min of walking... but I don't do it. Here's the thing, though, I've learned over the years that for me, at least, it's NOT GOOD to feel deprived while dieting. Plus, I think even thinking really hard burns calories, so you need to give yourself enough food that your school work doesn't suffer. I say, for the school year at least, lower your weight loss expectations so that you're shooting for like a pound or two per month. That way, you won't _gain_ weight, and you won't be hungry/cranky/unable to function up to your full potential. School is worth too much to waste.