Pre packed roast chicken breast

Options
Ahluvly
Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
Hi everyone,

Right, I don't eat the skin on roast chicken. How many calories or what % would you deduct when entering it into your diary on MFP? I've no idea how much fat etc is in it?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Do you know what you've eaten?
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    if its pre packed then type in the name of brand it tells you everything. i use bernard mathews chunks and it has all the info.
  • Ahluvly
    Options
    I know how many calories etc is in it, I just wondered what people deducted if they didn't eat the skin.
  • eilmeister
    eilmeister Posts: 37
    Options
    I think what she's asking is how taking the skin off the chicken changes the numbers printed on the package. Because on pre-packaged roast chicken, the printed nutrition facts would include the skin, but she's taking it off.

@ OP: I'd look at some entries for chicken with and without skin from the database, and see how the numbers compare. Then subtract a similar percentage from the numbers from the package. That should give you at least a ballpark number.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    She might mean where the deli just give you a rotisserie chicken, absolutely no info on it because it's just a chicken.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    nothing, keep the values the same. It is better to over estimate the values than under estimate them.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    34 samples of crisply roasted chicken skin averaged out to be per 100g; 501kcal, 21.5g protein, 0g carb, 46.1g fat, 0 sugar/starch/fibre, 12.9g sat fat, 22.5g mono, 7.7g poly, 0.6g trans, 170mg cholesterol,
  • Ahluvly
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    theres a generic entry with and without skin so that should help you out, i think even taking the skin off though the cals will be higher than a breast cooked without skin as some of the fat will have soaked into the meat.

Chicken - breast, meat and skin, cooked, roasted
    Chicken - breast, meat only, cooked, roasted

or just buy raw chicken breasts and a george foreman, they take literally 5 mins to cook the night before, lower in cals / fat and will save you a fortune :-)