Different websites tell me different BMIs, can anyone help?

Options
Some websites say I have a bmi of 25, some say 27, it's really annoying! How am I supposed to know what's right??

I am 180cm and weigh 183 lbs, can anyone enlighten me?

Replies

• sophiedalton22
    sophiedalton22 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    oh bmi... they are the most dreadful calculators in the world. you will probably find the fittest people in the world especially athletes body builders etc have a very high bmi which probably says they are obese. if you can calculate your body fat percentage and concentrate on lowering that it will be far more accurate, especially if you are also wanting to tone.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    BMI is a standard formula. There shouldn't be any variation. Also, stop using BMI, it's useless. It was never intended to be used for individuals.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I just want to know if I'm still overweight, or 'normal'
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    The NHS one tells me that you have a BMI of 25.6

I put in:
    Female
    25 years old
    1.80 metres tall
    13st 1lb
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    25.6 fromthe one i use
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Also, I know I am 180cm, but I can't figure out what that is in feet and inches. Google conversion says 5'9, other websites say 5'10 and 5'11, and measuring tape says 5'7...............
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Also, I know I am 180cm, but I can't figure out what that is in feet and inches. Google conversion says 5'9, other websites say 5'10 and 5'11, and measuring tape says 5'7...............

180 centimeters = 5.90551181 feet (5 feet 1055⁄64 inches)
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Try the NHS one maybe? http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

Or if you use MFP for everything use the one on here in the tools section :)

x
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Google says 5 POINT 9, not 5'9". That's about 5'11".
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I just want to know if I'm still overweight, or 'normal'
    BMI is not going to tell you this with accuracy.