272 --> 227

Options
In October of last year I weighed 272 (the heaviest I've ever weighed). Lots of excuses for being that heavy, but none that matter anymore. In December my brother introduced me to this site. Since October last year I've dropped 45 pounds. I'm sure I would have dropped even more had I not 'fallen off the MFP wagon' a few months ago. I didn't completely fall off the wagon, I just couldn't remember my MFP login or pword. I found it today. :-) I still watched what I ate and worked out 3 to 5 times a week.

Anyway, I never really introduced myself. I'm Steve and I've been fat my whole life. Even when I was 177 (in 2003) and people thought I looked sickly thin, I still felt fat (probably because I wasn't toned). Anyway, I'm 41 now and I'm realizing I'll probably never be happy with the way I look so I'm just trying to get down to a 'healthy weight'. That magical number depends on a lot of things, but I'm thinking somewhere around 185 to 195 (I'm 5'10").

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet you.

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Steve. Good job on losing the 45 lbs. did I do my math right? Good luck on losing more! You can do it!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    In October of last year I weighed 272 (the heaviest I've ever weighed). Lots of excuses for being that heavy, but none that matter anymore. In December my brother introduced me to this site. Since October last year I've dropped 45 pounds. I'm sure I would have dropped even more had I not 'fallen off the MFP wagon' a few months ago. I didn't completely fall off the wagon, I just couldn't remember my MFP login or pword. I found it today. :-) I still watched what I ate and worked out 3 to 5 times a week.

Anyway, I never really introduced myself. I'm Steve and I've been fat my whole life. Even when I was 177 (in 2003) and people thought I looked sickly thin, I still felt fat (probably because I wasn't toned). Anyway, I'm 41 now and I'm realizing I'll probably never be happy with the way I look so I'm just trying to get down to a 'healthy weight'. That magical number depends on a lot of things, but I'm thinking somewhere around 185 to 195 (I'm 5'10").

Anyway, that's me. Nice to meet you.
    Hello Steve .... glad to have you back on this awesome site ..... congrats on losing 45 pounds ... keep up the awesome job :wink:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    welcome back!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great job on what you've accomplished so far! :drinker:

Continued success to you! :flowerforyou:
  • cyndijoy
    Options
    Hi Steve, and welcome back. I myself was off here for a few weeks, and I seriously crashed and burned during that time. LOL. But I'm back, you're back, we're all back...it's not too late to get it together. And yeah, congrats on the 45...you should be proud! I remember back in the day when I weighed 130 and thought I was a heifer. Oh, I wish I weighed that now. LOL. I think how we see ourselves is completely different than how others see us. (With old age comes wisdom. :smile: )
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! for the longest time I thought image trouble was a girl thing.

I always remember a man told me good looking house is worthless if the electricity is faulty and the plumbing is shot.
    I still felt fat (probably because I wasn't toned). Anyway, I'm 41 now and I'm realizing I'll probably never be happy with the way I look so I'm just trying to get down to a 'healthy weight'.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back :flowerforyou: