Polar FT4 or FT7 - opinions please

Options
I am considering purchasing a HRM and I have read a lot of positive comments on the Polar brand. But I am not sure of the difference in the FT4 and FT7 (even though I did the product comparison online). Which one do you have and do you know what the difference is between the two models?

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    This is discussed a lot on the boards, but I have the Polar FT7. To me, the main difference is the amount of training records saved. The FT7 saves 99, the FT4 has much less. You can do a little more on the polarpersonaltrainer.com web site with the FT7 including data transfer. Also, I liked the look of the FT7 better. Otherwise, I'm not sure what the difference is.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I love it. It gives me my time and calories burned.. Simple. Looks like the FT7 has a lot more options but I got my FT4 for $55 on amazon (looks like it $60 now) but the FT7 is over $100 on amazon. Depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just purchased and received my FT7 and I'm still learning it. However, I'm posting to let you know the price on Heartratemonitors.com (even through Amazon) is $75.50 at the present time.
  • randy65273
    randy65273 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just purchased and received my FT7 and I'm still learning it. However, I'm posting to let you know the price on Heartratemonitors.com (even through Amazon) is $75.50 at the present time.

I bought (FT7) mine there also, and typed in promo code CM8 and it took another 8% off.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I think for that price I will go with the FT7 - Hopefully the discount still works.