Who is and Who isn't?

Options
2»

Replies

• jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I don't. I usually don't eat my daily allowance either. Unless I start eating a lot more than I feel good with or some really greasy stuff, I'm probably not going to hit my calorie requirements. On very rare occasions I will hit the gym extra hard and then go to a party or have something not in my normal diet, but for the most part I eat until full, then stop and I don't try to force more food onto myself to reach a calculated number.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For me, it varies. I usually eat about 80% of my exercise calories. With me it's a mental victory on the days when I've worked out and feel like I ate more than I should, but MFP shows I still have calories left :laugh: And on the nights where my hubby says "lets go have margaritas", I am grateful to have those extras!

Just do what's right for you, but make sure you eat your minimum
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I eat them. I also keep things pretty simple and haven't bothered to figure out how much MFP over or under estimates anything. It seems to have worked for me.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Not only do my work out machines grossly overestimate the calories I've burned (I don't have an HRM and my elliptical guesses based on weight, etc)-- AND I know I underestimate calories every day (sandwich from a deli, I have to guess based on other similar items in the MFP listings; a bite here, one fry here, a sip of this drink, etc) so no, I do not eat my calories back. I end up around 1100 - 1350 calories a day and I exercise off around 500, 6 times a week. I am losing about 2 pounds a week, with some weeks only losing one pound. I'm happy with that progress for now and will readjust when I plateau. I think it's silly to go by MFP like the bible. It's all a guess! I just do what feels right, and for now, this feels right.
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat back enough to net at least 1200. Sometimes I go over. I was losing consistantly until I stopped eating back my exercise calories. My weight loss pretty much stalled, then I gained weight when I started eating them back. That little experiment set me back about a month or so & I'm just now starting to get back on track. So I always try to at least net 1200 on the days that I exercise.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ok here goes... I don't eat back my calories burnt and my goal is set at 1200 per day and I'm often below that. I have steadily lost 1lb per week for 19 weeks getting down to 112 lbs and at 5'2 I still feel I can lose a little more or at least tone up a lot! Granted I seem to have stopped losing 1lb per week over the past 2 weeks but I'm hoping that's down to the 30 day shred I've started and the fact that I am at a low weight. I eat veggies, lean meat, oatmeal breakfasts, fruit you name it healthy I get 3 meals and at least 2 snacks per day - usually enough left for a treat every night! It's daunting to post this due to the backlash people normally get but it has worked for me, I feel fit and healthy, I do between four and seven 50 minute dance workouts a week along with daily dog walks and recently 30DS most days. If I was starving myself and unhealthy then surely I would have collapsed after 4 and a half months of this way of living! Sorry for the rant but everyone is different and unless you are in need of medical attention due to lack of food why should people be made to feel they are doing wrong! Anyone out there in a similar situation please feel free to add me :-)
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I tend to switch it up every 2-4 weeks. I tried higher calories but stopped losing so I switched back to lower calories. I use my exercise calories as a buffer for underestimating or when I want a treat. Still trying to figure out what works best for me.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine back, but I'm so close to my goal weight that I'm worried about lean muscle loss if I don't.