Confessions of a Bingeaholic

Options
Today, I binged. In a major way.

It's been 12 weeks since my last binge, and I was doing oh so good until something clicked today and I headed to the closet at work where the marketing department stashes their candy for events. Here is everything I ate above and beyond my daily calories:

7 snack-sized candy bars
1 spoonfull of peanut butter
extra cheese on my "healthy" pizza for dinner
1 icee pop

Now I feel super blah. I'm less than 10 lbs away from my goal and I know it's the last 10 lbs when I have to get REAL serious. But after today I am very discouraged!

Replies

• bluehead
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Think of all the crap we all used to eat on a daily basis. Not so bad, you know? What you just listed is like warm up snack to my binges. No worries.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Just say "OH WELL" and give yourself a workout to burn up those bad calories! You WILL feel better afterwards!!! We've all done this!!!
    vhuber
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Why is peanut butter always involved in a binge?? :) I did this just the other day and felt so terrible. I feel your pain!
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Do not beat yourself up over this. All you have to do is just jump right back in and start again. I will say this if you can pin point exactly what triggered the binge then you can possibly resolve what ever is going on and take control back. Godd luck. God Bless, Brenda
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I binge like once a week, eating twice as much. don't even worry about just start new tomorrow :happy:
  • horndave
    Options
    it is over, dont worry about it anymore. recognize your trigger 'something clicked" so you can avoid it in the future. You are back on track now.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I ate a peice of coconut cream pie at Sherri's today and after putting it in my food diary with all my other lunch, I found out that all I can have for dinner is salad greens and tomatoes with salt and pepper and water to drink. Boy did that pie taste good and satisfying. I will be a little over calories but under on fat, protein, carbs--about 60 over on total calories. It's the most I have gone over in the 2 1/2 weeks counting calories.

Don't beat yourself up. Sometimes out bodies just need that comfort food. The best thing about this program is tomorrow when you log on, the slate is clean and you have a new day to be successful.

Also, I read somewhere that going over occassionally keeps your body from going into starvation mode.

Success is only a day away.
  • KismetHot
    Options
    I hate that you feel bad but girl if you think that is binging!:huh: Last week I went out to eat at some restaurant and went almost 800 calories above my points. Plus I didn't work out that day! But you know what ....I decided not to have a cow and just returned to my 1200 calories the next day. Even then I still lost 10 pounds in a little over 2 weeks. :happy: I think confusing the body does help. Just go back to your regular healthy eating habits.
  • aHappierMe
    Options
    Ohhhh mann.. what you would think if I told you about my binges!! Don't feel bad! Look at it this way-- You didn't over-do it enough to gain any weight, you just didn't create as big of deficit for one day.. get back on track tomorrow and you'll be fine!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Put it behind you, and move on. Maybe do some extra cardio to make yourself feel better about the extra calories.