I'm SICK of the excuses...

Options
2»

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I workout first thing in the morning!! Days I sleep in, such as today, I will make it my first priority when I get home....and it helps that my husband knows this is true about me. So when he sees me sleeping in he knows it's his night to take care of dinner and the kids LOL!

On the nights its impossible for my husband to take over as head of the house LOL, I've also been know to put on my workout gear before I...say....cook dinner, clean the house or what ever else I have to do just as a constant reminder that I do have to workout and I'm ready for it!
  • dbarrett30
    dbarrett30 Posts: 17
    Options
    And just to be crystal clear here, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    You go, girl. Get out there and have some fun with it. You'll be more likely to work out again. *winks* :-)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    ... That I make for myself to not exercise! I sit here at work saying "I am going home, and going to do The Biggest Loser DVD, or Zumba for the Wii, or C25K, or the circuit workout I printed from Pinterest", and I find myself getting home, I make dinner, pick up, play with the dog, take care of some house projects, and TADA- it's 9 PM.

Plan ahead for meals so that dinner is ready to go in the oven/on the stove as soon as youre done working out or use a crock pot so it's already done when you get home on days you have scheduled to work out.

As soon as you get home throw in your DVD and get to it. Everything else can wait while you take care of yourself.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.

Tonight, dinner can wait, Bob (from the Biggest Loser) and I have an 5:15 appointment to kick my *kitten* for 30 minutes.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    okay so do you count playing with your dog as exercise? How do you play? I take mine to dogpark he plays and I walk and we both win. I then come home and take other dog for walk and he is thrilled. when I pick raspberries the younger dog has a ball he keeps bringing to me and I kick for him, this is exercisse also.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    okay so do you count playing with your dog as exercise? How do you play? I take mine to dogpark he plays and I walk and we both win. I then come home and take other dog for walk and he is thrilled. when I pick raspberries the younger dog has a ball he keeps bringing to me and I kick for him, this is exercisse also.

I sit on the floor and throw the ball, or play tug, etc. Sometimes a bit of rough housing. I don't really count that as exercise, just a lot of fun :happy:
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm currently going through the same funk :)

I used to wake up at 5am to run... it helped by putting my gym clothes/sneakers on my nightstand right in front of my alarm clock for some motivation!

Lately, I've been going to the gym on my lunch break (literally down the elevator and 5 feet away from my office). Quick 30 minute cardio, enough to get me moving without breaking a stinky sweat.

Whatever works for you! Put it on your calender, have your gym clothes handy, put a notification on your phone! As far as housework? I try to clean up while cooking/baking, use a crockpot, clean on weekends after I wake up.

I also want to try Jillian Michaels 30-day shred since its only 20 min!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Completely understand - I have tried working out at all different times & I have found that early morning work outs work best for me. When I get home, it's cooking, cleaning, laundry, preparing for the next day, etc. It's very easy to feel overwhelmed. Maybe stick to shorter but higher intensity work outs?? That might help.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I get caught up on all house work one day a week (yes I do have a kid) and just maintain thru the week....There are no more excuses!!!!! You have to make yourself a priority!!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of my excuses, too. It's nice and cool outside compared to how it's been, I'm going for a walk tonight. I don't care if there are rabid squirrels crouched outside my door waiting to attack, I'm going!
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try this. Bring your workout clothes and shoes with you to work and change into them right before you leave for the day. That way you're all decked out by the time you reach your front door. Take the dog out for a nice fast-paced walk, or a jog and then you're warmed up. Go in the house and put on one of the DVDs. Don't think - just do it!

I have to workout in the morning - if I can't do it until after work something is always going to come up or I'll make some excuse why I need to put it off to the following a.m.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That was the sum of my life as I climbed all the way up to 327 lbs... eventually you have to just workout, then deal with everything else after!

I found I had more energy after exercising so I cleaned up and did chores faster etc anyway.

I will admit I need a boost after work so I take pre-workout supplements (basically caffine, but im tolerant to caffine so i use workout supplements instead of coffee, help a bit with weight lifting too with nitric oxides...)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I wo first thing in the morning and have been doing it for years. It might be tough at first but u have it done. It's tough when u have a lot during the day. Wish u the best.
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    With 4 kids under the age of 6, a full time job, and starting full time college again next month, I am so nervous about the excuses I am going to come up with. Right now I am up every day at 545 to run/do the elliptical/use my weights. I am training for my 1/2 marathon coming up and that is my biggest motivation right now. If i oversleep, I always get my workout in after the kids go to bed.

At some point, I had to learn that my exercise was my priority. I want to live a long healthy life and be able to see my kids grow and become parents themselves. So I had to learn that my house doesnt need to be spotless all the time...and that dishes can wait until the next day if need be.

You can do it! No excuses!
  • anikisa
    anikisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well you can also try doing the bodyrock. tv interval work outs all you need a an interval timer which you could find online and 12 minutes if you push yourself then you WILL see result :) and its better to these interval training work outs first thing in the morning after a nice breakfast :) good luck
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this! It is tough forcing yourself to workout at home when there are so many easy distractions.

Eat a snack before coming home for the day and workout before dinner. Or the great suggestion of changing before leaving so you are mentally prepared.

And if nothing else do supported wall chairs or calve raises when you brush your teeth at night, do 100 sit ups and 10 push ups just before bed. It isn't overly taxing but will make you feel like you did a little something. (You can even do it while cooking dinner)

Good luck, make your workout a priority!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    DO IT LADY!! There will ALWAYS be excuses. When I was training for the Ironman, I had every excuse in the world to go home and just chill out, but I had goals let me tell ya, and excuses wouldn't stop me. (Ok maybe a few nights they did, but I didn't let it get in the way of my goals).

Try practicing ways to remove excuses from coming up. If you have trouble eating before the gym, don't have food around. I go straight to the gym so I don't putz and end up not going. I keep my gym bag in my car. I plan out my food so I don't have the 'too hungry' excuse, etc etc

You can do it :)