Vegetarian Recipes?

Options
Does anyone have any good veg. recipes? I'm tired of the same old same old and would like to try something new :)

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe but have you tried vegetarian lasagna? I'm sure you could find one online, I don't even like lasagna but my friend made this and it was very good...

~Leash :heart:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    veganyumyum.com

I love it and I'm not even a veggie!
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    veganyumyum.com

I love it and I'm not even a veggie!

• butterfly09
    butterfly09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    178 calories:heart:

1/2 cup brocolli
    1/2 cup cauliflower
    2 portions (triangles) of Happy Cow cheese
    1 Aunt Millies slimwiches bun

Mix the first three items together and spread over the two halves of the toasted bun.:love:
  • vintagevegg1991
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for almost 5 years, one year of which i was a vegan. here's what i like:
    -1/2 sliced mango, 1/2 cup black beans, and 3/4 cup basmati rice (not exacltly low calorie, but sometimes with exercise i have a hard time getting in all the calories and fat)
    -basmati rice with peanut butter (while the rice is cooking, add in a serving of peanut butter for each serving of rice)
    -lasagna made with whole wheat noodles , tomato sauce, and a puree of a block of tofu and tons of spinach (no cheese is neccesary this way)
    - smoothies: 1 cup soy milk, 1 banana, 1 serving blueberries, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, and 4 ice cubes blended. you can even add in flax seed
    - cooked oats and stir in unsweetened applesauce
    - the old staple of tortilla cheese pizza's
    -kashi makes really good frozen pizzas by the way!!!
    - talienti sorbet! yum!
    - pita sandwich: toast a pita and for the last few minutes add some havarti cheese, spinach, tomatos, and cucumbers
    -fantastic foods makes EXCELLENT sloppy joe mixes!!!
    -potato nachos: thinly slice potatos and bake in oven. for the last 15 minutes, add cheese, black olives, green onions and continue baking. top with sour cream and guacamole
    - pasta bake: add cooked whole wheat pasta to backing dish. layer pasta sauce, and sauted veggies (i use peppers and mushrooms sometimes carrots too) to pan and bake 350 for 10 minutes. add sprinkled shredded cheese and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. if you can find "wacky mac" pasta, it has a lot of protein
    hope this helps! and i loved everybody else's suggestions!
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes off vegweb.com, when I feel like cooking. I've just discovered these seasoning packets at my natural food store that you add like an onion, some ginger, a couple of cans of beans and the packet (recipe is on the packet) and voila, with or without rice it's a meal.
  • nehptune
    Options
    i've been vegetarian for about 18 years... so yeah, i can relate to the boredom thing!! but if you don't only go down the "meat substitute" route, there are tons of really interesting things to eat.

i'm on a total asian food trip right now. chinese and japanese food has tons of vegetarian options and if not, it's easy to adapt.
    i just discovered japanese shabu-shabu... so good! it's kind of like japanese fondue, but you use broth instead of oil. super yum and super healthy.

also, check out a book called "The Thrive Diet", you might not want to follow it (I didn't) but it's full of great ideas and useful information on nutrition. The guy who wrote it is vegan and was a world champion triathlete, proof that you can be veggie and strong and healthy!!
    :bigsmile: