Zaggora Hotpants Anyone

Options
Has anyone had any experience with Zaggora Hotpants? They apparently make you sweat a lot more than normal during your workout , thus causung one to lose more inches/ fat. Any expewrience with them, Good, bad or indifferent?

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    all they do is make you lose water. A great way to get dehydrated and have a heat stroke, but not effective whatsoever for losing fat. They can make the scale move, but once you re-hydrate yourself, the weight is back.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    by the way, I have no "experience" with them, but I am familiar with the concept!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I looked up this old topic because I keep getting ads for them on Facebook. (I know the heat won't burn fat and it's just water loss and feel skinnier because the pants are tight )

A- is seems it should be wrong somehow to use words and phrases that indicated scientific research backs their claims. (They "measure oxygen intake which is an accurate measurement of energy expended." Was the quote, I think, then implying that increased oxygen means more calories burned... Then the 13% more calories burnt if you continue wear them after you workout.. Seriously?? Sigh)

B- from the new clip, it seems the reason ladies like them is they seriously hold in their jiggly bits while working out.

C- I want to do Parkour.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bought them over a year ago; feels like wearing wetsuit shorts. They made me sweat but no difference in weight whatsoever, apart from my wallet. Seems to me like you need to be doing 2 hours of Zumba every day to lose lots of weight. They DO hold in the tummy though!
  • theleenmachine
    theleenmachine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Zaggora Hotpants last summer - It definitely makes you sweat a lot, so you lose a lot of water, but I wouldn't say it does anything to make you lose weight. The only thing I really noticed was that it made my skin smoother... the hype wore off very quickly as well....

my 2 cents... don't invest in them. At the end of the day, hard work at the gym will help you further in the long run.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i've got them, the full length ones. but i actually use them for warmth more than any supposed weight loss. they are GREAT at keeping biting winds off my skin. i usually freeze walking the dog in the evening, no matter how many layers of cotton based clothing i have on.
    and i agree, they definitely make you sweat.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    weird... at my son's gym, when he signed the contract (rather, I had to, since he is only 17...)
    there was a list of gym rules and agreements to abide by...
    one forbids wearing the tinfoil sweatsuits
    They actually refer to it some other way, and I had to ask what it meant.
    They've had people pass out.
    not.very.bright
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Tin foil suits?!
    What about aluminum hats to deter the alien probes?
    LOL
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Sweating does not mean fat loss.

Those pants, the waist belts, etc on the market make you lose water and that's abuot it other than the money it costs you to buy them. They will not actually mkae you lose any fat themselves.