117 pounds, back to my wrestling weight!

Options
I was always the chubby kid, some would say round. My sophomore year of high school, I was 5'6" and weighed about 210 pounds. Over that summer I finally hit a growth spurt, and went to 6', 208 pounds. I wrestled heavyweight for my school, and was fairly successful at my "small" size. I decided I had to gain some mass for my senior year, and got up to 230 pounds to make my self more competitive. It worked for wrestling, but started a downward spiral.

I gained an average of 25 poundsa year thru college. Ugg, but I was a fairly okay looking 310 pounds. As I aged, I discovered I had degenerative hip issues, compounded by my high weight. In 1998, at the age of 31 I had a total right hip replacement, with the agreement I would lose weight. Umm, didn't happen!

My left hip then degenerated farther, partly due to the stress from previous issues, mostly due to being a fat a**! I had my left hip replaced in 2005, and weight 316 pounds the day of surgery, after fasting. This is where my educated guess of 325 pounds as my highest weight comes in.

I was moving around great, but still drinking lots of beer, and eating tons of crap. Then in early 2008, I got the bomb of my life. Found out my EX was having an affair, and our marriage of ten plus years was over. This completely kicked my butt, and I decided that I shouldn't drink in the mood I was in. I also started taking walks with Sasha the wondermutt, just to clear my head and think. These gradually lengthened to 4 plus miles. And then I noticed the weight was melting off.

So over the next 36 months, I lost about 120 pounds, and actually got to 203 pounds at my lightest. Then like a lot of us, the weight started creeping back, 5 pounds here, 3 pounds there, until I got back to 233 pounds. Thats when I decided to reup with mfp and log again.

Over the last two months I have lost 25 pounds and am back at 207.8, which is the same as my first match my junior year of high school. Thank you all for this wonderful site!!!

Replies

• AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome! Keep it up!
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's one heck of an achievement! Very proud of you =D
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Congrats!! That is spectacular!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great story and this time you will keep the weight off and try to lose more, just keep logging with MFP everyday and when you get to your goal weight then you can at least maintain your weightt so you dont gain anymore unless you are building muscle
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Great job! Good for you for kicking butt and getting your life back on track. :)
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    Wow!! How inspiring!! You have to be so proud of yourself!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!