Stopping the yoyo

Options
I've gained and lost hundreds of pounds over the last 10 years or so. I am now 120 lbs over weight and want this to be last time I have to loose it. I love this site and plan to always use it even after I've reached my goal. I think I need to log my food and exercise for the rest of my life in order to keep myself motivated and aware of what Im doing for my body. I've been a member for three days and am down 5 lbs already :-)

Replies

• EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your new lifestyle change. If your looking for a friend feel free to add me.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Thank you !:happy:
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am so right there with you! I could have written your origional post! I'm so sick of losing and gaining and I just want it gone! I lost 150 after my last child was born. Gained 80, lost 80. Now I've gain 40 and I'm done with it! I've been working out now for a month and doing great at it. Time to start my calorie tracking (cause although I feel better, the weight isn't coming off!)
  • Treesy72
    Options
    Wish there was a ” like” button. :tongue:
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost the same 30-40 pounds countless times since the year 2000. It's frustrating, but this time I am not going to gain it back! I love being able to fit into my skinny clothes!! Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have been a yo yo dieter my whole life ...Every diet out there I've done . I would like to put an end to this cycle and fix my metabolism once and for all . My friends are all doing the HCG diet and many are taking perscription diet pills . I know this is a quick fix , but it's tough when I'm exercising and eating sensible and they're losing 15 pounds in less than a month :( .

I know it takes time but I'm feeling really discouraged . I 've been trying to lose this weight for so long . My eating isn't perfect for sure but I always stay at about 1400 calories . I run ( interval sprints ) and I've been doing ripped in 30 . I exercise at least 5 days a week usually 6 .
  • Treesy72
    Options
    Well after a week on this I am down 7 lbs. I know we lose faster in the beginning and I also realize that having so much to lose makes it come off easier then when I'm at my last few lbs but I can see that this is working and it is so very motivating. I am thrilled to be here and I believe that I can do it once and for all.