Legs - How much rest time between workouts?

Options
How much rest do you take between leg days? I worked legs pretty heavy this morning and am suposed to do legs again Sunday. However, due to a committment on Sunday, I'd rather move my workout up to Saturday. Is that enough time to recover?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Now I personally train hams and quads just once a week. But I bomb the **** out of them!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Its not too soon, worst case they are still a little sore but you should be able to lift anyway, just stretch and warm up the muscles! I like a little more time between personally but to make it work with life it will be fine! I sometimes find i lift less weight because it hasn't fully recovered but I still can get a good workout, and other times I manage to lift more weight which is a nice surprise :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    How much rest do you take between leg days? I worked legs pretty heavy this morning and am suposed to do legs again Sunday. However, due to a committment on Sunday, I'd rather move my workout up to Saturday. Is that enough time to recover?

It kind of depends on how you work your legs really. I'd say the minimum is probably 72 hours and I'm just basing that on the WS method, which is pretty different from most methods.
  • aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I work mine once a week, except for calfs, which I hit twice a week. Legs is my favorite day!!!!!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do them on Mondays and Thursdays. My Monday workout is a little lighter than my Thursday workout.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

It kind of depends on how you work your legs really. I'd say the minimum is probably 72 hours and I'm just basing that on the WS method, which is pretty different from most methods.

My leg work consists of squats, lunges, leg press, curls, extensions, and a few calf exercises. What is the WS method??