if you eat some junk food...

Options
but you work out and are still under your calorie goal for that day, will you lose weight still? or will all the sugar etc from the chocolate be bad for you so even if you're under your calories it sort of counter acts it?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    if you are in a calorie deficit then you will lose weight.

Depends on what quantity of junk food you are talking about.

1 person may eat the vast majority of his calories from whole food sources and then every couple of weeks treat him self to a double cheese burger from mcdonalds. Somebody else might eat junk food everyday and then eat the odd bit of fruit to make them feel better and convince themselves they have a healthy diet.

It's clear to see who will have the better results and health over the long term. Everything in moderation, and consistency is key.

Succeeding or failing at weight loss will never come down to one single day or one single meal, it;s about how consistent you are over time.

If it's just one meal and you generally have a good diet, don't stress it, it really doesn't matter in the long run.
  • psychologyelephant
    psychologyelephant Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thankyou :) thats what I had hoped! i've been trying to get back to the gym at least 5 times a week, and I'm loving it! I work long days though and ate some chocolate at lunch haha, severe guilt! just needed some re-assurance :) x
  • gorewhore13
    gorewhore13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The key is certainly mederation, don't gorge on crap food, your body is not a waste basket. On the other token occaisonaly splurging, in moderation of course, is good it gives your body something new to break down.