Body Fat Percentage...Can this be right?

Options
I went on fat measuring scales at the gym and it said I am 32% fat!! Can this be right? I am 5ft 3, weigh 9 stone (I have lost 8lbs yippee!) My measurements are 35 26 35.5; neck measurement 12; arm 9.5 and thigh 21.5. Can I be 32% fat ! I was thinking I would be 25% at the most. I have worked so hard :(

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'm 6', 225lbs and have a BF% of 36%.

I don't know how much a stone weighs, so I can't make an opinion on your measurements.
  • melapink13
    Options
    126lbs in pounds :(
  • WAMarathoner
    Options
    That does seem a little high based on your height/weight, but BFP is always higher for women. From all your other measurements, it sounds like you should be happy with where you are and motivated to keep going (if you want). Also, equipment that measures BFP and BMI is notoriously inaccurate. If you are really curious, maybe you could arrange for a physical with your doctor. That's what I plan to do ... in about 20 more pounds!

Keep up the good work!
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is possible. Some people hold their weight/body fat better than others. But the scales that tell you your Body Fat % aren't always right on. Try the Bod Pod. That is the most accurate way to do it. You can usually get them done for a good price at local colleges. Good luck!
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    When I was in my 20's I remember being at 5ft2 -118lbs and 27% bodyfat- I was mortified! I got down to 102lbs and 24% for awhile.

Now in my late 40'sm I'm closer to 110lbs and 21%body fat. It takes working out with weights and eating the right foods (unfortunately!).