ideas for meals..

Options
i need some new ideas on things to eat!! right now the thought of eating salad makes me gag. im so BORED with "diet" food. i only eat chicken and beef, no seafood. my options are somewhat limited but i know they are not as limited to just lettuce, etc. please help!

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat! Minus the beef =/ I've been living on Tuna, Salmon and Chicken... fruits and vegis galore!

Like Spicey? I've become hooked on chicken chilli myself. Its filling and tasty and takes about 5 minutes

Canned chicken breast in water (drained)
    Red Kidney Beans (Drained)
    Tomatoe Sauce
    Cayenne Pepper to taste
    Chili powder to taste
    Diced Raw Onion to taste
    Garlic Powder to taste
    Season All(Season Salt) to taste
    Black Pepper to taste

Toss in the pot cook til done. Prep time about 5 minutes cook time about 5 minutes. Can also sub out chicken for tuna or canned salmon if you really want to go wild with it.
  • FlemishFairy
    FlemishFairy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Soups are a good alternative to the typical lunch salad! I love eating a filling vegetable soup with every imaginable kind of vegetable in it :D
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    If you like asian style foods, I have a great recipe for orange glazed chicken.

One thing you can also do is start trying to spices or sides with your meals, try putting on citris juices or slices to the chicken.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    foodgawker.com

SERIOUSLY! you will find endless fun recipes to make...healthy ones are in there too!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I made yummy Lemon Broccoli over Quinoa last night for dinner. Making Coconut Lime Shrimp tonight over brown rice.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My new favorite foods are quinoa, barley, and lentils. Obviously not together! Quinoa is a very nutritious food, and can be made so many ways. I've had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just be sure to soak it before you boil it!