Is there a way to get rid of varicose veins?

Options
2»

Replies

• lissaann22479
    Options
    SPNLuver83 - Just cover them with tattoos. You know you wanna.... :)

I like this idea!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    They aren't spider. Def varicose. Raised and what not. Boo. I was really hoping there were other options other than surgery as I don't think my insurance would cover it since it's for cosmetic reasons...

I wonder if you can tattoo over them..... hmmmm
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've had these damn varicose veins on my left leg pretty much for as long as I can remember, including in my childhood. They weren't really that noticeable, but as I have lost weight they have become way more noticeable. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them??!
    In our Wellness Center, there is laser surgery for it. I've seen some of the results and it's impressive.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    They aren't spider. Def varicose. Raised and what not. Boo. I was really hoping there were other options other than surgery as I don't think my insurance would cover it since it's for cosmetic reasons...

I wonder if you can tattoo over them..... hmmmm

If they are causing pain, then the procedure is no longer cosmetic btw....
  • jessjpjb
    jessjpjb Posts: 38
    Options
    Do your veins bother you? hurt? Mine are starting too, (behind my left knee) but I am an avid walker and just started the C25K treadmill running program.
  • Daniella_89
    Options
    I am a nurse and I had done some training at a cosmetic Dermatology and theres something called Sclerotherapy that can get rid of varicose/spider veins. They are tiny injections that go into the vein that causes them to harden and then gradually break up. During my training we had done about 5 different people and I did ask them how it felt and none of them said it was bad. It was this pinching feeling. 1 said it hurt a tiny bit. But because the vein is so close to the surface the needle just slightly goes in.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    They don't hurt or bother me, but perhaps if I told the doctor they did maybe insurance would cover it... hmm... something to think about. Thanks guys!
  • tiffanyw5
    tiffanyw5 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i had a few spider ones and now that ive been working out they got bigger and i now have more than i had before on my thighs and now i have one on each shin too i have heard of lots of things they can do but lots of money unless its a mediacl reason and then ins will pay good luck ill just keep shorts on that cover them ugly things or maybe tan them not sure that would cover them
  • benamr3
    benamr3 Posts: 1
    Options