I am not hungry :/

Options
2»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat when hungry, don't when not. It's all good.

I'm not convinced that this works well for someone like me (and I suspect lots of other people on MFP) who have spent years putting on weight, losing weight, dieting, eating excessively - the whole damn book of yo-yo tricks.

For me, the best results have come since I decided that I needed to get used to eating a relatively regular amount of food, hungry or not. It doesn't mean I stuff myself and feel sick - it just means that I plan my meals ahead of times so I will come in around my desired calorie goal for the day and I most often eat those meals even if I don't "feel hungry".

Now I know that my body has the nutrition that it needs to keep me feeling good - and I'm happier, healthier (and thinner) than I have ever been as an adult.

I'm not saying that this is right for everybody - but I don't believe that "only eat when hungry, listen to your body" is right for everybody either.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't typically feel hungry, cravings sometimes(which I either ignore or allow a small portion of the craving along with a good snack/meal depending on timing) but I don't really feel hungry since I've stopped eating for cravings and cut the crap out of my diet. That's actually the reason I'm on this site. I was getting headaches n notice it tend to be after working out, I discovered that I was only eating one meal on some days(plus healthy snacks/shakes, but entirely too few calories for some one working out) My course of action is to log all my exercise and food to the best of my ability(there's some foods that I need a scale for n I don't have one so I google n make an educated guess) if I see that there is an extreme deficient in calories I pick a snack that's healthy n appropriate to the amount of calories I need. I still have a hard time meeting my calorie goal but by being fully aware it's not near as bad as it was. Some days I'm like 1000 calories short, MFP already factors a deficient good enough for you to meet your goals, those are good days for a peanut butter n honey sandwich and some fruit to correct that! If it's just a couple hundred I don't worry about it usually. Like today, I'm suppose to eat just over 2k calories, I had large dinner(split in two settings) to boost it up 700 and i'm still 500 under.. sounds like a good reason to have a banana n some peanut butter... It's just a process of finding good things that you enjoy snacking on.

So in short I disagree with just listen to your body, if you're not feeling hungry, use all the information available to you, not just your body's signals, to make the best choice for you.