• cassieSomething
    cassieSomething Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump!
    will definitely make these!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious, I love to see recipes that have "real" ingredients, not just a combination of fat free pudding and cool whip (which don't exist in my part of the world and I probably wouldn't eat anyway).

OP, sadly, even using generic ingredients, these couldn't possibly be so low in cals per serving...... those numbers look like they don't include the chocolate, which is the high-cal ingredient here.
    75g of ANY kind of chocolate is going to be over 300 cals, probably more like 375.

Regardless, this looks really tasty and a great alternative to the higher-cal versions. Thanks for sharing.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    OMG This sounds so freakin good! I am totally going to make this, I miss my chocolate mousse.
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    This sounds delicious, I love to see recipes that have "real" ingredients, not just a combination of fat free pudding and cool whip (which don't exist in my part of the world and I probably wouldn't eat anyway).

OP, sadly, even using generic ingredients, these couldn't possibly be so low in cals per serving...... those numbers look like they don't include the chocolate, which is the high-cal ingredient here.
    75g of ANY kind of chocolate is going to be over 300 cals, probably more like 375.

Regardless, this looks really tasty and a great alternative to the higher-cal versions. Thanks for sharing.

I just double checked the packet of chocolate I used, Tesco Organic Dominican Republic 70% Dark Chocolate, 4 squares @ 20g each = 80g @ 77 cals. I have no idea what kind of chocolate you're using that is 300+ cals! :huh:
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    sounds nice! I love to see recipes with REAL FOOD ingredients too instead of these fake "food" products! thanks for sharing!
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I had people over for dinner the other day and wanted to serve a yummy pudding that wouldn't ruin my diary for the day, so I made this lower fat / lower cal chocolate mousse - it was SO delicious, no one guessed it was an adapted recipe. Served with fresh raspberries.

I used 70% cocoa chocolate too, plus I boosted it up with some cocoa powder, so you only needed a little bit to feel satisfied, it was really intense...

20120713-11q246c65deby27q5xq7wqjdtm.jpg

Edit: Meant to say, you could lower the fat content by using a fat free greek yoghurt, I think the end result would be the same deliciousness.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

I just double checked the packet of chocolate I used, Tesco Organic Dominican Republic 70% Dark Chocolate, 4 squares @ 20g each = 80g @ 77 cals. I have no idea what kind of chocolate you're using that is 300+ cals! :huh:

I don't know where your numbers come from but chocolate is (unfortunately) a high calorie product.

I just checked the tesco website (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259613978) and found the following nutrition information for the product you described:

Nutrition Typical Values 100g contains Two squares (20g) contain
    Energy 2410kJ (585kcal) 485kJ (120kcal)
    Protein 8.6g 1.7g
    Carbohydrate 35.9g 7.2g
    Sugars 28.9g 5.8g
    Fat 42.7g 8.5g
    Saturates 25.5g 5.1g
    Fibre 9.1g 1.8g
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    Yum!