The Biggest Loser last night

Options
2»

Replies

• Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The amount of workout these people do is insane. I have read some of their stories following the show in various magazines and they all say the same thing....they work out 5-6 hrs a day or more and in "real life" they could never do that. Also, every one of them including the winners gain back some of the weight after the show because they have to get back to a normal "real life".

For those of us NOT in a reality show, I think the key is about balance. We all know we need to burn more than we take in, however we do not need to go to the extremes of these "reality" shows!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    duplicate thread. I posted about this on here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/66592-6-000-calorie-burn

so I won't rewrite the same thing. But essentially chgudnitz is right.

Thanks for 411. I love the show for the stories as well and I love to see their "after" moments. I do believe that moderation (in everything) is key to successful weight loss. I wish these people well in their journey and will be tuned in next Tuesday regardless of how much they eat or don't eat!!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    As of 7 o'clock this morning, I have burned 1453 calories and I walked 4 miles in there too. I decided to wear my HRM for 24 hours to see what I actually burn in a day.
  • beckyi88
    Options
    you definitely have to remember that to maintain a weight of 300-400 pounds their daily calorie intake is probably very high...also moving that large a body would certainly burn an insane amount of calories
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Also, those people work out up to 16 hours a day. I read an interview with one of the contestants and he said there isn't anything to do but sleep, eat and workout. Couldn't you burn 6000 cals in 16 hours?
  • yes they can burn 6000 calori aday.
    400 lbs person burn at least 4000 calori when they do nothing.
    2000 cal.... is at less than 4 hours cardio workout out.

I weight around 180 lbs.. burn 500cal/hour for cardio workout.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    duplicate thread. I posted about this on here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/66592-6-000-calorie-burn

so I won't rewrite the same thing. But essentially chgudnitz is right.

I was just going to post the link to the other thread we had going! :smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    As of 7 o'clock this morning, I have burned 1453 calories and I walked 4 miles in there too. I decided to wear my HRM for 24 hours to see what I actually burn in a day.

Let us know what the outcome is! :smile:
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    That's awesome! Wow!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options

Let us know what the outcome is! :smile:

In 24 hours my polar HRM said I burned 2600 calories. I walked 4 miles in that period but other than that just did my basic life routine. I have about 35 pounds to lose so I am not certainly not BL size. I only ate about 1400-1500 calories yesterday so now I kind of know what a 24 period looks like.