Bariatric surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I had the band in March 2009. Lost 60 lbs, and was 20 away from my final goal when I got pregnant with our second daughter and gained it all back because they had to take all the fluid out of my band. Now I'm working on it again. I have issues with eating bread, but otherwise, I am good. :) I have lost 40 since having her June 2011, and now have 60 to go to my final goal (40 to my pre-prego weight).

Anyone can feel free to add me. I do find that juggling two kids and a husband, I have to fight with myself to give me the time to work out but P90X is awesome!

I wish you all the best with your outcomes.
  • thomasjbrock
    thomasjbrock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You've made some tough choices and it paid off. Give yourself credit for having the tanacity to hang in there. Self esteme comes hard to those of us that have allowed ourselves to get as big as we have, and surgery is not the end all to our problem. The surgery is a tool, but sooner or later we have to make the mental change that makes the tool work. Your results are spactacular, and you should take credit for having what it takes to get this far. Try to find your way around the " automatic negative thoughts". There is more to life then food and the key is to discover what that is for you. At 59 I'm going back to school. People say I'm to old for that. Some people just can't stand to see other people succeed at anything. I hear these idiots, I just don't listen to them anymore. People that try to hold you back are a pain in the butt, but Ultimately you are the only person that can actually succeed at failure. Be your own hero. After the success you've had you're certainly one of my heros.