I really could do with some support please?

Options

Replies

• FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey :) You can add me too if you like, I've got a lot to lose and am on here everyday :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hi Vicky, I am in North Wales yay for Wales lol! You are quite welcome to add me...and I already have a a `throwdown thursday` challenge to work off 450 cals minimum for tomorrow. I only have a small amount of friends cos I like to keep up with the feed of MFP.
    You are very welcome to add me but I will motivate you and look at your diary and send pm`s ....either way good luck hun ;)
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just started on this site yesterday, so you can add me if you like. We can help eachother out :smile:
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :happy: Welcome, Vicky!! I sent you a friend request, but anyone else please feel free to add me! I simply love MFP, and it really does help to keep you accountable, motivated, and there is so much support! We're all in this together. Yay!:wink:
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Add me! at the very least, I'm entertaining!
  • bendyournotes
    Options
    Hey guys! I just joined the site today. I have tried MFP in the past, but without much support or really getting into the community, it just wasn't working out. Here's to round 2! :) Feel free to add me, and if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it!
  • ForrestGator
    Options
    I was up to 217 about 5 months ago....im now around 170. Howd I do it? Moderation, moderation, moderation......and some excersize. When Id get home from work, id literally eat til i went to bed.....Im suprised I was only 217 at my heaviest. I got sick of being slow, out of breath, and out of shape for a 33 year old...so I decided I was gonna do something about it. Best thing to do to lose weight is TRY not to eat so much(at a time) and when you do eat, try to eat healthy. No pizza, no fast food, no sodas, etc(trust me, its hard but sooooo worth it when you see what it can do to your body)......next and probably most importantly, try to find stuff to do to increase your health. For example: watching tv? during commercials, do jumping jacks or run in place. I did that for 2 months and lost 20 lbs. Run at least a mile every other day. Find heatlhy foods that take away the cravings of bad foods that somewhat taste like the good ones. My example(and I have a bunch): Those Quaker Stila bars taste just like pop tarts. If I get a sweet tooth, most times i'll eat some fruit. Another thing, and its a pretty big deal....DONT STARVE YOURSELF! Eat but dont go crazy. Snack a few times a day on low cal and low fat foods. It all sounds hard but once you get in that mode and you see results in the mirror, it becomes addicting to improve your health and body. Having a hard time with the taste of certain foods? I did as well, but you end up getting a taste for things and youll forget what some of that other crap tasted like. I drink fat free milk now as opposed to whole milk and I wouldve probably puked that stuff up before I got on this health kick. Anyway, there are a million ways to lose weight, but most consist of excersize and eating right, but if you stick with a diet plan and stay motivated, youll do fine and be where you wanna be weight-wise in no time.
  • CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Always looking for friends, friend request sent
  • aspires10
    aspires10 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Vicky,

Ditto on your sentiments. I'm a bit slow w/ things so I still need to figure out how to "friend". It's really quite pathetic actually! But once I get it down, I'd be happy to share tips, advice and encouragement. Good Luck!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I was up to 217 about 5 months ago....im now around 170. Howd I do it? Moderation, moderation, moderation......and some excersize. When Id get home from work, id literally eat til i went to bed.....Im suprised I was only 217 at my heaviest. I got sick of being slow, out of breath, and out of shape for a 33 year old...so I decided I was gonna do something about it. Best thing to do to lose weight is TRY not to eat so much(at a time) and when you do eat, try to eat healthy. No pizza, no fast food, no sodas, etc(trust me, its hard but sooooo worth it when you see what it can do to your body)......next and probably most importantly, try to find stuff to do to increase your health. For example: watching tv? during commercials, do jumping jacks or run in place. I did that for 2 months and lost 20 lbs. Run at least a mile every other day. Find heatlhy foods that take away the cravings of bad foods that somewhat taste like the good ones. My example(and I have a bunch): Those Quaker Stila bars taste just like pop tarts. If I get a sweet tooth, most times i'll eat some fruit. Another thing, and its a pretty big deal....DONT STARVE YOURSELF! Eat but dont go crazy. Snack a few times a day on low cal and low fat foods. It all sounds hard but once you get in that mode and you see results in the mirror, it becomes addicting to improve your health and body. Having a hard time with the taste of certain foods? I did as well, but you end up getting a taste for things and youll forget what some of that other crap tasted like. I drink fat free milk now as opposed to whole milk and I wouldve probably puked that stuff up before I got on this health kick. Anyway, there are a million ways to lose weight, but most consist of excersize and eating right, but if you stick with a diet plan and stay motivated, youll do fine and be where you wanna be weight-wise in no time.

wow, great job!
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I have 30 lbs to lose.
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I have 40 to lose!
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi :) nice to meet you! I'm also from the UK - I know what you mean about support, I think it's so important in achieving your weight loss goals.
    Feel free to add me :)

Sarah xxxxx
  • lckunz
    lckunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, Vicky,
    I'll be happy to give what support I can. Wales! That's cool. I just had a friend here in the States visiting from Australia, and she's in England now. I feel so international.
    I need to lose about 40 or more, too. I've lost it before, but it is extremely difficult to keep it off. Maybe if we keep in touch we will be able to do it this time!
    I have been bingeing on sweets because of a terrible loss in our family--our son. So breaking free of bingeing is going to be a major effort but I'm reaching out to as many as I can on here in an effort to make it work.
    Tell me about yourself. Is exercise a good thing for you? What do you generally like to do for a workout? What's your biggest temptation/downfall?
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    you can add me I haven':laugh: t many friends myself and it is difficult sometime to go without that extra push.
  • anniecam03
    Options
    Vicky- feel free to add me too. Am completely new to this but am soon seeing that success is down to a good support network and will be here most days to offer that :)
  • maggsnaser
    Options
    Girl add me I have about 40lbs to lose.
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky,
    If I can do this you can do this. Feel free to add me.

-Andrew
  • gobunkos
    gobunkos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started the beginning of the year and feel this site has helped me a great deal. When you log everything that goes in your mouth, it is eye opening. Feel free to add me.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Send frnd request for anyone if u wnt another frnd:)