An odd feeling...

Options
Has anyone felt less confident about their body after losing weight? I've lost almost 10lbs and I feel fatter than I did before! What's going on with me =/

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some people on here say they still see themselves as they were before they lost weight etc. I would have to agree :)!

The last year I have lost 50 pounds and still look in the mirror and think im still that 264Lb person! It wasnt until about 2-3 weeks ago that I noticed the weight loss myself. I think because we see ourselves everyday we really dont notice the changes like someone who hasnt seen us in a while might :)
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 lbs but have been plateaued (sp?) for about 4 months now. At first, I was feeling great, enjoying the new curves on my body, my smaller stomach and thighs. But now...it's like I've gotten used to it and I'm feeling fat all over again. I've pretty much lost the ambition, motivation, discipline and determination. But I haven't completely let go of my "better" self and healthier ways. I'm just in a slump. I'll push on and get past it. Right now, it's just hard to force myself.
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm on a similar boat, even after loosing 40kgs, even though I can see a noteable difference (ie. no more love handles or as much man boobies). Everytime I look at my tummy or feel it, it just feels like the old 120kg part of me.

I guess it is somewhat true that we judge ourselves harsher than anyone and we will always see ourselves fatter.