Its cold therefore I cheat

Options
So...for the past couple days its been absolutely freezing in Colorado and even snowing. Unfortunately the furnance in my house is broken so we are without heat. Even though I am wrapped in blankets and layers of clothing and socks I'm still cold (and I'm a native!). Its that kinda cold that only goes away when you have something hot to drink, the kinda cold that seems permanately stuck to you because you have been freezing all day long....so I've been cheating and having lots and lots of hot cocoa which packs some major calories...I'd drink tea but I'm not allowed to right now since it contains vitamin K and I'm on blood thinners....this state is conspiring against me.:grumble:

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I vote to stay warm and worry about the calories later! You poor thing!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some Swiss Miss no sugar added hot chocolate. I think it taste great, not sure how many calories compared to what you're drinking now though.

Also, are there any work outs you can do indoors? Working up a good sweat will chase the cold away.

Wow, cold and snowing in September? And I thought we had it bad in Michigan with our crazy weather, you have my sympathies.
  • laughingfox
    Options
    I agree -- don't worry about the calories until your heat works!

Though, have you tried hot water with lemon? Mmm. :smile:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    You could cuddle up to a warm body. It's the one thing I learned while I was in Alaska. :wink:
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Soup Soup Soup

I'm sorry!! ((hugs)) Stay warm!:flowerforyou:

ETA: How about hot apple cider? The calories are a LITTLE bit better. Or coffee?
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some Swiss Miss no sugar added hot chocolate. I think it taste great, not sure how many calories compared to what you're drinking now though.

Also, are there any work outs you can do indoors? Working up a good sweat will chase the cold away.

Wow, cold and snowing in September? And I thought we had it bad in Michigan with our crazy weather, you have my sympathies.

It's only 25 calories and it is pretty good.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    You could cuddle up to a warm body. It's the one thing I learned while I was in Alaska. :wink:

Very sadly my fiance is currently in Salt Lake, 700 miles away and I don't think he'd apperciate that lol
  • Demetria
    Options

Very sadly my fiance is currently in Salt Lake, 700 miles away and I don't think he'd apperciate that lol

Your probably right about that! Got a pet? lol. What tea has vitamin K? Working out sounds like a great idea and soup is also very filling.

Demetria
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Your probably right about that! Got a pet? lol. What tea has vitamin K? Working out sounds like a great idea and soup is also very filling.

Higher in sodium, but soups or broths (beef or chicken).
    Can you try spending the bulk of your day at the library or anything until the furnace is running again?
    I feel for you sweetheart :flowerforyou:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options

Bummer for him. Missing out on an opportunity. Vodka's a good substitute I suppose. Makes you feel warmer... it'll probably dehydrate ya but you'll be too drunk to care. :drinker:

Edit: Wait a minute... note the topic. Your fiance's going to have a fit. :laugh:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    almost all teas have it in them :(
  • leighoconnell
    Options

Bummer for him. Missing out on an opportunity. Vodka's a good substitute I suppose. Makes you feel warmer... it'll probably dehydrate ya but you'll be too drunk to care. :drinker:

Edit: Wait a minute... note the topic. Your fiance's going to have a fit. :laugh:

haha I just thought about the title on this lol good point. Not allowed to have alcohol either. :( damn
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I am the proud owner of a very large, furry flat coat retriever who very much enjoys sleeping by your feet under the covers...only downside is that when she crawls out of bed so much fur is left behind it looks like another dog is laying there:laugh:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options

haha I just thought about the title on this lol good point. Not allowed to have alcohol either. :( damn

Think someone hit me with the dumbass 2x4 across the head. Of course you can't drink. Guessing you don't have a fireplace. I suppose you could start a fire in your trashcan on the back porch worst case.
  • leighoconnell
    Options

Think someone hit me with the dumbass 2x4 across the head. Of course you can't drink. Guessing you don't have a fireplace. I suppose you could start a fire in your trashcan on the back porch worst case.

Let's see....suburban chick with wood, paper, lighter, trash can and a whole lot of lighter fluid.....this could be entertaining
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I understand completely! I'm from Montana and when it gets cold-all the time-we all want to consume hot drinks all day long. I try to drink hot green tea, but that's not an option for you. BUMMER! Do you like apple cider? Here's to staying warm!
  • leighoconnell
    Options

Let's see....suburban chick with wood, paper, lighter, trash can and a whole lot of lighter fluid.....this could be entertaining

This is why I am marrying a green beret :laugh: i usually cause explosions or light myself on fire versus create an actual fire:laugh:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    This is why I am marrying a green beret :laugh: i usually cause explosions or light myself on fire versus create an actual fire:laugh:

Now I got that darn "Green Beret" song stuck in my head... thanks. :grumble: :wink:
  • erodriquez
    Options
    Try Almond Milk. It's sweet. You might not miss the chocolate. Just a suggestion. Hope it heats up soon!