Hey ya'll

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Marti. I joined My fitness pal a few months ago to try to lose some weight. Well, I didn't take it seriously and gained. 2 weeks ago, I went to my doctor and she told me I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and that I need to lose some weight. She wants me to lose 5lbs by my next doc app, which is on 31st of this month. I'm finding it very hard to exercise but I'm doing good eating wise (portions, eating healthier, etc..) I look forward to hearing everyones stories. Feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• wendyacorn
    Options
    Hey my name is wendy, i just joined yesterday and started logging my calories(thats a workout all by itself) i want to loose about 30 or 40 pounds. i have a friend with that PCOS also. i have been walking everyday for about 30 mins and me and some friends from work came up with a schedule to exercise diffrent areas of our bodies per day(but were all at diffrent levels) so im having to modify mine a little bit... well hope to hear from you soon i need to build up a support system here too keep me wanting to continue to work out and eat right plus nothing in my closet fits me right now (well like it should anyway) very depressed ready to start new ya know
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    Hi Wendy!

I'm wanting to loose 30-40 pounds as well. Idk anyone that has PCOS other than myself. I have been exercising everyday too, playing softball, walking, just staying active as much as possible. I know exactly how you feel about the clothes in the closet! I mostly sweats, shorts, I just try to stay as comftorable as possible. I would love to fit back into my jeans :/ Feel free to add me! :) look forward to talking to you!

Marti
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    there is a group on here for women suffering from pcos
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The PCOS group is amazing! Super supportive ladies (like myself) who can give you a boost as well as some awesome tips. I'm down 78lbs in the last year and couldn't have done it without this site and the people on it. :) Good luck on your journey.
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I'll have to check it out! :)