Should I eat?

Options
So, I've been getting good workouts lately (500-600 calories burned each time), and I have been trying to eat my exercise calories like I should. I spread them out throughout the day, but sometimes I am just not hungry. Should I still eat all of them to avoid a deficit or should I just skip the food when I'm not hungry?

BTW - I am at 1340 calories a day without exercise.

Replies

• linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oooh, i've had this same question lately as well. I've been keeping the deficit (unless the homepage tells me to eat more or my metabolism will slow down, which happens below 1200 calories I think).

I'm interested to see what people respond to this. thanks for asking!
  • horndave
    Options
    I would keep eating the calories as if you are exercising that much your body needs the extra calories just to keep up. It doesnt hurt you to eat the calories as it keeps your metabolism burning at optimal levels. You could see what it does when you don't and regulate your calories from what your body is telling you. If you are flaking out on your exercises and finding yourself more tired than usual afterward, then use the calories.
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    I am interested as well as I have been dealing with the same issue. Most days I am struggling to get to the 1200 calories and then I have the exercise calories. Much of the time I am not hungry.
  • kstefanski
    kstefanski Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks horndave! I'll see what happens when I don't eat all my calories if I'm not hungry, but I guess I'll just stuff my face if it doesn't work!

Isn't it weird that before doing this we ate so much crap, and now we're hard pressed to eat 1200 calories some days?