Pain muscle vs damage

Options
Pain from muscles getting used to something vs Pain from doing damage

Is there anyway to tell the difference between the two? I am having some funky pains in and around my knees that started after starting level 2 of shred. Can't really tell if it is my body adapting or if I am hurting my knees.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    pain around and in your joints is never good

so like you need to take a rest and also check your form. i've never done 30 ds, but from what i've seen the type squats you do are more for speed so you arent going to go as deep as you should to keep pressure off your knee. generally, the more your squats are ast paralllel, the less pressure you put on the knee
  • fortyfive67
    Options
    Sharp pain, never good! If it is achy, sort of soreness then maybe not as serious. Listen to your body. if it persists then of course consult your physician.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    I have RA and with that comes joint pain. I suggest seeing your doctor about it and getting their advice. On days that I have pain around my joints, I focus on low impact exercises.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should check your form, just incase that is the problem, but typically when you have pain around your knee it's because your quad muscles are tight. I had the same problem and my friend (who is a certified trainer) told me since it was all around my knee it was most likely tight quads; she told me to get a foam roller and massage the muscles. It worked for me! :)
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My hubby has spotted me and I am not bending my knee over my toes so I think my form is good. The extra bouncing might be aggravating them. Could go back to level 1 but I'm stubborn. *laff*
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Pain from muscles getting used to something vs Pain from doing damage

Is there anyway to tell the difference between the two? I am having some funky pains in and around my knees that started after starting level 2 of shred. Can't really tell if it is my body adapting or if I am hurting my knees.

Any thoughts?

I guess I'm just fortunate that I'm petty in-tune with my body and can just tell when I have a problem and when I don't. If you can't tell the difference find a good Sports Medicine doc in the area or maybe a Physical Therapist. If it's just "DOM's" you can probably still do the movement it will just be uncomfortable but if you have a legit injury you probably won't be able to do the movement or at least not do it well.