weight watchers

Options
is anyone on weight watchers???

Replies

• kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I am on WW - I use MFP to log my exercise and make sure I get enough protein, I lost 70 pounds since April of 2011. Would like to just go MFP using my fitbit but too scared to do so. I only do online WW now.
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do WW online
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    I did 20 weeks of WW.

Hated it.
    The 'points' was a joke to me.

And I lost 5 pounds, in 20 weeks.

The meetings were not fun, and very uneducational (same thing every week talked about)

It works great for some, but personally, I would never recommend it. Its basically paying for what you get here for free. (but you get more here!)
  • as543
    as543 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i am technically on WW, bc im paying for it. I did it a few times. Last summer i lost about 8 lbs and kept it off but stopped once i felt the plan stalling. now i rejoined but was having a hard time getting on board so i am trying MFP for a little before i decide to recommit myself to WW. it really is liberating to be able to eat whatever you want as long as the calories fit. On WW they say you can eat whatever, but i found some foods to be so high in points that i would never eat them on WW. for example pasta.
    But, i will see if MFP really works for me before saying it is truly better than WW. its definitely easier!
  • Aries1955
    Aries1955 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently on WW and my daughter told me about this site. I started the food journal today and I love it! Good luck everyone
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I lost over 75# on WW, but it got to the point where it wouldn't work anymore (since they changed to the new plan). So, canceled my membership and started using MFP. It just got to the point where I need to track calories in/calories out and track stuff like carbs and protein since I'm so active. I'm having much more success with MFP than I've had with WW over the last six months.

Good luck to everyone...
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    After getting my RMR testing results I am even more convinced that WW no longer works for me. The "free" fruit, the extra weekly points the and points for activity were all so confusing and I am sure added to my inability to lose any more since I lost my initial 70 pounds. I have 45 more to go and I know it's calories in vs calories out. I love using the fitbit as it links to MFP and am dropping weight watchers at the end of this month. Dont get me wrong it was a great place to start but now it will not take me where I need to go.