I dont try to eat little calories...I just do. Normal?

Options
I only eat when Im hungry, and then I eat something healthy. Like today I had 2 egg whites for breakfast, and a large (10 oz) greek salad (with feta, kalamata olives and lost of greens-no dressing) for lunch, and an ice cream cone (i know...). I have yet to eat dinner, and I burned 227 calories on the treadmill. So my "net" calorie amount was only 125. Which seems super low, but im NOT hungry. And I usually eat like this most days. I never noticed how little calories I ate until I started tracking them on here.
What is up? Shouldnt I be hungrier?

Replies

• dreamof_perfection
    dreamof_perfection Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yelp!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    you are eating low cal... add some dressing to that salad and some meat like chicken.
  • dreamof_perfection
    Options
    i KNOW i am eating "low cal" the thing is, i only eat when Im hungry. And im just not hungry
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's okay to only eat when you're hungry, but just like most of us have to make food choices to eat fewer calories you might want to consider making food choices to eat more calories. You can add in calorie-dense foods like avocado, full-fat dairy, nuts & nut butters, dressings, protein shakes, etc without having to eat more volume. You're still eating only when hungry you're just eating more calories for the same amount of food.
  • healthylife1010
    Options
    I only eat when Im hungry, and then I eat something healthy. Like today I had 2 egg whites for breakfast, and a large (10 oz) greek salad (with feta, kalamata olives and lost of greens-no dressing) for lunch, and an ice cream cone (i know...). I have yet to eat dinner, and I burned 227 calories on the treadmill. So my "net" calorie amount was only 125. Which seems super low, but im NOT hungry. And I usually eat like this most days. I never noticed how little calories I ate until I started tracking them on here.

Well sometimes our minds can be deceitful. It can lead you to believe you're not hungry but a body not receiving enough calories should feel hungry. Normal is to feel hungry when enough calories haven't been eaten otherwise there may be some sort of issue going on. Sometimes if metabolism slows down, we feel less hungry too. If you start eating more, you're metabolism will adjust and you will start feeling hungrier.
  • dreamof_perfection
    Options

Well sometimes our minds can be deceitful. It can lead you to believe you're not hungry but a body not receiving enough calories should feel hungry. Normal is to feel hungry when enough calories haven't been eaten otherwise there may be some sort of issue going on. Sometimes if metabolism slows down, we feel less hungry too. If you start eating more, you're metabolism will adjust and you will start feeling hungrier.

thanks that was helpful!