Marriage & meals

Options
Do your Husbands help make grocery lists each week?

Replies

• hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mine does but mostly because I coerce him too. I make a menu each week and then make the grocery list off of that, most weeks he has to fend for himself for both lunch and dinner due to opposite work schedules. If he doesn't tell me what he wants to eat throughout the week and what he would like from the grocery store then he is going to go hungry. So, yes he does help make the list but he is not allowed to go to the store because I end up spending double what I would while alone. LOL!
  • kkwebster
    kkwebster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    no, if he did there would be a lot more sweets :P

if there is something he can't live without he lets it known. However, my husband prefers to grocery shop with me so we can talk about the menu for the week while we shop, and if something is on sale we can switch up the menu. My husband is a picky eater, he doesn't like menu surprises he isn't prepared for :P
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    As long as he gets his chocolate, I can buy what I want.
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nope. No help in meal planning, grocery shopping or food prep. He does pay for all food out though and we eat out a fair amount.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Mine does the menu planning, grocery list, grocery shopping, and about half the cooking... unless I butt my head in.

edit to add: He's also an amazing couponer.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ummm no
    he's a dude
    his job is to kill bugs,fix stuff and take out the garbage
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    No. He doesn't care much about food. He's happy if there are no onions in it, and it's not always chicken. He is very happy when I bring home chips and queso. I try to keep him stocked with that.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    baaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha *catches breath* aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha no. he does not. LOL i ask "honey, what would you like?" and he responds "food". that being said, it actually makes it a little bit easier on me that he gives no input usually (unless there's something specific he's craving like eggrolls because mine are awesome haha). i know the types of things he likes and i have a great memory so when he sees something on tv and is like "i'd like to try that" (like that v8 energy) i remember and i pick it up while i'm out. he has made the whole "lifestyle" change easier because he eats what i cook. he doesn't care. if it turns out bad, we eat cereal or sandwiches and call it dinner. lol
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i make the list and plan out the meals, but my husband does all the shopping. he even gets the best produce, something i'm a big stickler about. sometimes i go with him, i get the produce, he gets the rest of the stuff, but mostly its just him.. such a great help :)
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Noooo.
    His list is:
    Little Debbie's
    Mountain dew
    Chips
    Snickers
    Moose tracks Ice cream
    Oreos

I interpret as:
    Wasa crackers
    Diet mountain dew (still yuck)
    Baby carrots
    Sugar free fudgicles
    Flavored rice cakes

Poor guy.
  • Jodi827
    Jodi827 Posts: 40
    Options
    Nope ~ the house is run by me. He doesn't even grill. That's mine too. :smile:
  • babygreen11
    Options
    Do your Husbands help make grocery lists each week?

Not at all. I sometimes wish he would though.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    every time i've ever let mine in a grocery story my cart triples in size, mostly all munchies, so I happily do all the shopping :)
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    He helps me! Will even write things down if we are out of something. AND goes shopping with me.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Nope. It's all me.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Nope. I plan the meals usually & he cooks them (he is home by 3pm, I am not home until 5:30pm) but we are in this together & we have a STACK of recipes that we usually go off of but he is always open to try new things and never complains if they are a fail.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    every time i've ever let mine in a grocery story my cart triples in size, mostly all munchies, so I happily do all the shopping :)

That's what happens with mine. I go by myself and spend $100, he goes with and we spend $200. :laugh:
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh no - My hubby and I have a great deal going - I do all the shopping, planning and cooking and he cleans the kitchen after I am done! The hard part for me is shopping and cooking to balance our different requirements. We both work out, but I want to lose weight and he is a firefighter so can eat .5lb of pasta at one sitting and still be starving (and losing weight - grrr).
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I tell my hubby the day before I go grocery shopping to make a list or to let me know what he wants, he normally says... "ow whatever you wanna get!" So when he complains that I didnt get anything he wants, well now he gives me ideas:)
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    I write it then I check it with him incase ive missed anything. Then he helps me adjust it to keep it within our budget :)