PCOS

Options
Hi all,

I'm Martha :) I recently found out I have PCOS. I'm looking to met other women who have PCOS who understand this :/

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    are you doing low carb to help?
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There are a couple groups for us who have PCOS. I know you'll like them
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    Umm, not really. Just mostly portion control and taking Metformin along with exercising an hour daily.
  • MartiJ521
    Options
    I found one group and have posted in it but haven't gotten any responses yet
  • LittleC2
    LittleC2 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have PCOS too. its good to watch your carbohydrates because if your hormones are off our blood sugars can also increase and you are at risk for diabetes.the metformin will help for this. Also it is a hormone inbalance so one thing that is suggested is to take a hormone such as birth control. did your doctor suggest that? I think its great you are exercising an hour a day keep up the good work!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Umm, not really. Just mostly portion control and taking Metformin along with exercising an hour daily.

oh ok. if you did low carb, you wouldn't even need metformin after a few months.

good luck to you!
  • MartiJ521
    Options
    @LittleC2: Yes ma'am, my doctor did suggest a birth control called Kariva which is what I'm taking now. I didn't know that about carbs thanks for telling me that. & thanks, it's been hard but I've been trying to stay as active as possible!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm not on meds, but I take cinnamon pills, mega red, baby aspirin, and just a woman multivitamin every day. I just started eating based on the glycemic index. I'm keeping everything under 60 in the GI scale. I walk/run 3-4times a week, and Zumba 2-3 times a week.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I wish the groups were more active... every time I look at them no one has posted in a couple months :(
  • MartiJ521
    Options
    @erinx013: Ikr! I noticed that.
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    are you doing low carb to help?

Tell me more about that. Should we be doing something like Atkins?