3 months into it

Options
I didn't start getting really serious until about a little over a month ago..but at that point most of the weight I've dropped had already happened. I know I'm building muscle as I've been hitting the weights a lot more, but I'm still kinda disapproving of the scale not moving much. Some days I look better than others but I feel like my diet doesn't change that much except for my one cheat day a week.

I want to see my abs without having to blow all the air out of my body and even more than that I want to see them completely defined....just taking longer than expected :/

Where I started:

1z1wytv.jpg

Where I am today:

35jib8w.jpg

Replies

• mlhandsmp
    mlhandsmp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! I definately see a difference! WTG!
  • Steventhehro
    Steventhehro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I really appreciate it
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    Lackin' on the motivation/support/advice here people...lol
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Strait beast mode! great job!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Wow well done :) Change comes with hard work and patience, but it DOES come!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I can really see a difference. You must be able to feel it in your clothes!
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    I can really see a difference. You must be able to feel it in your clothes!

Actually yes..I now pull my belt two-three holes tighter..I'm fitting into shirts that I used to look ridiculous wearing. Actually got a compliment in one of those shirts today.
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    Wow well done :) Change comes with hard work and patience, but it DOES come!

Yeah..I just want to get this final 5-10lbs..and I feel like I'm not making much progress..some days I'm like sweet! you look good! and then the next I'm like...there's that stomach again..
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
    I can see a BIG difference.
    I'd love to keep seeing the changes as you progress.
    Don't worry about the scales - they are just a number and can't distinguish prop between fat and muscle. I stopped using my scales a while ago. It will be harder to lose weight and make that scale slide because you are gaining more muscle.

Keep doing what you are doing because it's motivation and inspirational for me and I'm sure for others as well.
    I'm here if you need a new friend + support!

Way to go man!!
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    WOW!!!
    I can see a BIG difference.
    I'd love to keep seeing the changes as you progress.
    Don't worry about the scales - they are just a number and can't distinguish prop between fat and muscle. I stopped using my scales a while ago. It will be harder to lose weight and make that scale slide because you are gaining more muscle.

Keep doing what you are doing because it's motivation and inspirational for me and I'm sure for others as well.
    I'm here if you need a new friend + support!

Way to go man!!

Thank you, I appreciate it a lot. I plan on posting more as it comes along (as I'm sure it will..hopefully) because hearing how people see the difference really motivates me to keep going and striving for better. And yeah, I try not to worry TOO much..but sometimes I feel like I can see it and then I just get down and I start asking myself if I'm ever going to get the abs to show through.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days today too. Looked down and thought......Shhhiiiii---. This is why I go to gym?
    All I can really say is to just keep hammering it. At this point, scales are pointless. Go by what you see.

And remember, it's alright to feel like your going no-where. I haven't spoken to one person who doesn't go through that. Give yourself an off day if you need it then go again. You can achieve anything you put your mind to - including getting abs.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Just keep at it, it can be dishearting when it takes so long, but you will get there.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think once it gets to the point of defining it's much better to go with measurements, they don't fluctuate near as much and will give you a number to show the difference in the fat/weight ration. Also, take a picture in a similar pose once a week or every two weeks. You're doing great!
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    I think once it gets to the point of defining it's much better to go with measurements, they don't fluctuate near as much and will give you a number to show the difference in the fat/weight ration. Also, take a picture in a similar pose once a week or every two weeks. You're doing great!

I've actually been doing something similar to that. I take pictures every couple gym visits..but they also seem to change too much..depending on what I ate/how much I'd had to drink recently I'd have a food baby and then it just makes me feel like I gained it all back. The picture I posted was from today (now yesterday) and it's one of the best ones yet so it gives me home that they'll continue to get better over time.

oh..and I'm not quite DEFINING yet..I'm close I think, but I still have a gut..it looks almost completely gone some days and big and bad other days.
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    No, you look great! In the scheme of things, 3 months is not that long. You can see a big difference everywhere, especially your collar bones and stomach/waist. Don't get discouraged, it takes us so much longer to see the changes in ourselves but yours is definitely there. :)
  • trudance4
    trudance4 Posts: 75
    Options
    That is fantastic :) go you x
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    Thanks guys, can't wait to get to where I wanna be
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    You've done great! Keep up the momentum!!
  • Steventhehro
    Options
    Definitely will, thanks! Heading to the gym now
  • FutrNutritionist
    Options
    Wow! Big difference! Keep going!!